WOW.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WOW....

just got back from the shop and not only do I need a new alternator, but 6 of my glow plugs were about shot and I need two new batteries. I'm tires of spending money on this thing. How much do you guys think I could get for this thing, it has 82,000 miles on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

u can get an alternator from kragans for cheap with a life time warrenty. glow plugs $30 and batteries arent to cheap but last forever
Old 10-14-2008, 03:40 PM

Well if you get the glow plugs, alternator, and new batteries and the truck is in good physical condition id say you could get $8,000 to $10,000 depending on your location and your buyer.

But why not keep it maybe after this you wont have any major problems, and new batteries and glow plugs is some thing all powerstroke owners have to do if they keep there truck long enough. These trucks arnt exactly cheap to maintain.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
ill give you a 24 pack and a tin a cope JK the trucks probably worth 7-10 is what ive been seeing around here.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

jeez that would suck, 8-10k I paid 15k for it last september and haven't even put 10k miles on it yet and already spent about 5k$ on repairs to this thing..
Old 10-14-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea97Stroker View Post
jeez that would suck, 8-10k I paid 15k for it last september and haven't even put 10k miles on it yet and already spent about 5k$ on repairs to this thing..
Well its not exactly a sellers market right now, diesel prices are high ( not has high as they were but still high) ands its a older truck. I know how you feal but $15k was a bit of a high price, i paid $12k for mine last summer and it had 72,000 miles on it.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:53 PM

you guys got some low mileage for how old these trucks are. my buddy originally had his 97 f 350 for sale for $7000 with 296k miles. he took $5000 for it though since he wanted to get rid of it, and it wasn't selling.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
your truck is barely broke in man, and the repairs you are paying for is something you can do yourself. just ask for help and you can save alot of money. and like stated above, these trucks arent the cheapest to maintain, but if maintained properly they last forever, trust me, i bought mine and had alot of problems(which i belive is to be blamed on the previous owner) and now i got it running like i want it and it never lets me down.(230k on the ticker)
Old 10-15-2008, 01:19 PM

glow plugs are easy to do, if you have small fingers..... I just did mine, and inbetween breaks for varios reasons, I did mine in a course of 2 evenings, maybe about 3-4 hours total, most of the time was spent trying to get to those hard to reach bolts
Old 10-15-2008, 05:29 PM

I just look at it as everything you replace is one less thing that can go wrong, and after you get the bugs worked out it'll be fine. I know my truck sat for a couple years with very little use before I bought it, and ever since its become a daily driver I've dumped a lot of money into it... but I think everything that's going to break, has broken allready, so I'm feeling better every day lol. With the amount of money you'd lose by selling it, its better in the long run to keep it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.