stubborn mileage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stubborn mileage

Hey guys i got a 1997 F-250 4x4, auto 226,000 miles extended cab longed. 4.10 Ls gears. 285/75/16 bfg ats.

Mods are: electric fuel conversion, dana 60, 6637, do-tuner, 3" down pipe, no cat, gauges, plenum intake boots and inserts from strictly diesel. New torque converter and flex plate, ww2, gutted pedestal and outlet.

No matter if i drive like a grandpa or hotrod it i cannot get more than 190 miles from the front tank. Out of both tanks i cannot break 400 miles.

1. None of my brake callipers are dragging.
2. I checked my up-pipes and they are not leaking.
3. I looked over all my fittings and e-fuel plumbing and i have no leaks.
4. My ebpv is unplugged because i gutted the pedestal and outlet.

Anything else i should be looking at? Im sure this topic has come up a heck of a lot but its just very frustrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 PM

seems odd , when towing about 5K i can get about 180 miles on the front , so something is up with yours , you sure you don't have any leaks any where? how many gallons does it take to fill up the front tank?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:57 PM

Only way I break 400 on both tanks is driving 60 mph. Either one of my trucks is that way. Seems like crap but I also don't have any leaks and both pickups have all new brakes no dragging. Can't wait to see other replies

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-21-2014, 05:25 AM

I know my truck is a 2wd 5 speed manual, so a bit different thank a 4wd auto. But I can get 300 miles out of my front tank by itself. My front tank is the only one working as of now, and I'm very meticulous in calculating my fuel consumption. Being able to control my shift points, I've come to learn around 1600-1750 shift points is getting me the most routine 20-21mpg.

I know this doesn't help much, just showing it is obtainable. On a side note, hopefully when I get my rear tank working I'll be getting 550-600 miles between fill ups.

Jeremy
Old 01-21-2014, 10:20 AM

If I am driving in town, or towing, I cannot break to 200 mark. But if I am on the freeway, and mindful of RPM's, I can usually hit around 240 miles on one of the tanks. There are so many variables that can affect mileage. Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2014, 11:43 AM

I have a 2004 f350 6.0 If I drive like a granny I'll get 600 miles to the tank if I drive like I stole it I'll get 530 520 maybe

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-21-2014, 12:40 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
christ that's awful. I can get over 400 on either tank. combined i get around 800 on both tanks (on summer fuel, unloaded, on the highway) average 21-22. get around 17 city.

check for fuel leaks, boost/exhaust leaks, correct tire pressure. drive slow, accelerate slow. on winter fuel most people lose 2-3 MPG
Old 01-21-2014, 01:55 PM

you have 33's are u make up for the 10% difference.. 210 is what your actually getting. how many gallons is the front tank... super-duty guy here
Old 01-21-2014, 02:07 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

I get about the exact same mileage out of mine, whether I'm babying it or runnin the piss out of her. I normally average 160-180 out of either of my tanks running around town. Although this weekend I somehow got 215 out of my rear tank.

The most I ever got was 250 miles out of my front tank, 240 miles of that was running down the highway with the cruise set at 63 mph.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR'sCrewCab View Post
If I am driving in town, or towing, I cannot break to 200 mark. But if I am on the freeway, and mindful of RPM's, I can usually hit around 240 miles on one of the tanks. There are so many variables that can affect mileage. Good Luck!
Correction....usually 220.. a few times I have hit 240

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.