NO HEAT!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 05:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NO HEAT!!

Alright guys im stumped on my trucks heater problem. I have back flushed my coolant system,put a new water pump on and thermostat with new coolant and wix cool,the thermostat is opening and my heater hoses get freaking hot.I also checked my temp door and the cable seems to be working properly and the door moves. My blend door is working as well as the other actuators on the heater module.I noticed when i switch to the vent setting i hear a little pop is this normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 05:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If everything was working good before the flush then I would assume you have air in the system.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It did not work before the flush and all of the worki have done sorry i shoud have said so. I also let the system bleed.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

The "pop" is the door sticking a little, they get sticky with life. Also kids like sticking pens/pencils into the middle vents and it blocks the doors from opening/closing correctly.

Looking at the motor with it up to temp. There are the two heater lines that run off the left side of the water pump up over the motor and back to the passenger firewall. Are both of those line f-ing hot with one more than the other? Also when tracing those lines make sure the previous owner didn't install a heater core ball valve. If someone did make sure that it is in the open position and confirm that the lines are equally as hot on both sides of the valve.

Last edited by BigFuel; 01-07-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

There is no shutoff valve going to the hoses and yes they both get really hot!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:22 PM

You didn't mention the blower, is it blowing hard?
Is your a/c compressor running?
Did the heat stop suddenly or get worse over time?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

If both lines are hot then the core is working fine. I know you said it in the first post but all that's left is the blender door. It's cable driven where the rest of the system is vacuum driven. Pull the HVAC panel off the dash and check that both ends are attached and moving. I haven't looked on a OBS but on a Bricknose the door was somewhat accessible by dropping the glovebox. Open the heater core access panel and see if it's hot in there.

Last edited by BigFuel; 01-07-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok well my heat has never worked great since i got it i bought it in the early spring.My blower is working on all the speed settings.I am not sure if it is running? My ac works fine.I have inspected the cable already and it appears to be moving the door all of the way. I will try removing the heater core panel to see if its hot if that dont work im seriously contimplating pulling the dash and opening up the heater module and checking all of the doors.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

just for ****s and grins i took a temp gun to my coolant in the degas bottle after it got to operating temp and it was 52 degrees i stuck my finger in there and it was cool. I wonder if i might have a coolant flow issue? I can take my radiator cap off with my truck heated up and dont have any pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.