Help with my F350 build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile Help with my F350 build

I own a 97 Ford F250 7.3l 4x4 5spd 4:10 gears 290,000km on it. There has been a ton of work put into this truck both when I owned it and when the previous owner owned it. Right now it is an F250 4x4 Dually with 3inch spacers on the back to make the regular single wheel axle as wide as the dually rear end.

I'm planing on lifting it and putting 35s on it, Dana 60 conversion (have the d60) and dually rear end (also have the dually rear end), Building a reverse shackle kit and Rear end trac bar and firestone rite ride air bags.

So Basically I'm wondering how much should I lift it to get the 35s to fit? Right now it has the f250 front springs with leveling kit from previous owner. The back I think I will do a block lift. Keep in mind I have the aluminum side steps all the way around. Just curious as to everyone thoughts on this. I was thinking I might go with 6inch lift. I don't have the the F350 front drive shaft, I'm wondering if I have cut the F250 one. But also if with that lift would that be to much of an angle for it?

I have the d60 in my shop. I plan to do a complete rebuild of it, same with dually rear end. Right now the d60 has 3.55s in it. I plan to do a gear swap to it. Wondering if anyone has any pointers for me on this as well?

I plan to build a reverse shackle kit and was also wondering if anyone has done this before and if they would have any pictures to share? And also for a rear end trac bar setup. I work at a place with access to almost everything I need, Plasma cutter, torches. All help appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 11:54 AM
over thinking everything

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can fit 35s with a stock 1 ton suspension and you can add a double cardigan joint to the end of the shaft and you will be good
Old 01-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

O.k Thanks. Can you buy that joint brand new? I'm going to try to buy a used 35 if I can get one for dirt cheap just to be sure.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

To COMFORTABLY fit 35s, you will want 3" of lift from a F350s stock height

Here is your truck, but a crew cab.

It was a SRW Crewcab Short Bed f250 that I made into a F350 using Dually front and rear axles. It has a PMF 2.25" RSK w V code front SD springs

and B code rear SD springs w 5" blocks

2" spacer between rear rims to clear the sidewalls
315/75/16(35x12) tires on 16x6 wheels
Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wow thats one nice truck! Thank you very much that helps a lot. I could easily fit 35s no problem right now if I did not have the side steps.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine rub my mud flaps

Also, you better plan on cutting and or shimming you bumper if you think of running 35s at stock f350 height
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.