Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Un-Straight Pipe?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Rattlesnake18 
#1 ·
I'm sure some people are baffled by the tittle. Contrary to what's cool, I really don't like the straight pipe. I have a banks pipe after the turbo into a 4inch straight, with some kind of 5 inch tip. I just want to get a muffler in there somewhere. The extra noise isn't worth it, and I hate hearing it while Im driving. Only want to hear the motor and that's fine. Leave it up to the Dodge Cummins to make all the racket lol. Bought the truck that way, just wanna change it back to "normal". Any thoughts on a good way to do this? I know I could cut some pipe out and use donuts, patch it in, or get a bolt on but any other ideas, or how much it would cost?

#3 ·
I have a Banks muffler for 4" pipe I wouldn't mind getting rid of.

#9 ·
Install as mentioned above. Yes, Banks. I used to have a 4" Banks Monster exhaust on my truck before I stacked it.

#5 ·
Basically cut a section out I your exhaust the same size as the muffler (slightly smaller or exact) and put th muffler in place of the missing exhaust

#7 ·
Just use some simple 3" wide band clamps for 4" pipe

#10 ·
Banks mufflers are some of the quietest ones out there. It will be flared to slip over your existing pipe. Just make sure you dont cut too much out, youll need to slip it in about 3 inches front and back, 6 inches total

#12 ·
They are pretty quiet, but also have a nice tone when you go WOT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.