New OBS owner! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New OBS owner!

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself here.

I recently picked up my first OBS Powerstroke- It's my fourth Ford truck overall. I've had a '97 F150, '99 Extra cab shortbed SuperDuty, '86 Reg cab shortbed F150, and now my new to me '96 Reg cab Long bed F250.

Pictures!

Specs:

1996 F250 Powerstroke
138k miles
Automatic
4x4

I do believe this is the most stock truck I've ever seen

It's a one-owner vehicle, the guy did all the maintenance work on it, but as far as I can tell he left it completely stock. No rust, the interior is in MINT shape, even still has the stock radio (no tape player no nothing)

First impressions? Very happy so far, good to be back in a diesel 7.3 I really liked my old superduty, but I made the mistake at that time of getting a manual trans. All my vehicles to that point had been manual so I thought I wanted one, got it, hated it, sold it. So this time around I got the auto and I couldn't be happier. pretty bouncy ride, but otherwise it was just what I was looking for, a super simple but capable truck. Very happy with the miles as well. I got it for $10,500 from a dealer, which might have been too much, but really I'm happy with that price.

Plans for the truck are simple, TW tunes, exhaust, intake and guages. Nothing special just make it more peppy. After that I might lift it a bit and put on some 35's. Nothing in stone yet, just enjoying the truck right now.

Anyway, like I said, just saying hello and thanks in advance for all the good info on this site!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 08:33 PM

Welcome bud, this will be a great site. Everything you will ever need to know will be somewhere on here. That's a beautiful truck. Around here 10.5k would probably be a steal. I love white. Suprisingly I wish my auto was so automatic lol. Good luck with the trick and good find
Old 11-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Behavior Modificationist

That's a great looking OBS! I like that it's been maintained as stock (and from the original owner? SCORE ).

You'll have plenty of time to enjoy your truck and browse the threads before you start getting the itch to mod. For some, it comes immediately but others gradually get into the addiction. Once you start, you can't stop so be prepared to open your wallet and spend some quality time with it!

Like viggy924 said, anything you need to know will be archived within the site. Likely, if you have a question or experience, others will have the same question/experience posted up in 10 different ways and all are available to read through.

ENJOY
Old 11-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Yea, modifying is in my blood. I'm a service tech by trade, and metal fabrication is my hobby. The last 6 years or so I've been into motorcycles, here's a few of my creations:

Now it's time to get back into vehicles for a bit. Hope to come up with some cool stuff for it!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Behavior Modificationist

Oh yeah, you'll fall right in. Neat creations Make sure you explore all of the different threads on modding and post LOTS of pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.