I'm a new user - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 08:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm a new user

Hey all I'm new to the site and new to forums period. Iv got a 97 350 cclb and I'm wanting to get some advice on some upcoming purchases. I'm wanting to do injectors manly cuz I have 327,000 on the originals and I just want a little extra kick. I want to do upgrade on hpop and a fuel pump. I was wanting to know if I should do all at once to keep up with the bigger injectors or if it will be ok to do one at a time. And I would like some opinions on brands of each. I'm not to sure about the injectors. I was thinkin stage 1s. I don't need alot of hp just a little more than stock. The fuel pump I either was gonna go with air dog or fass. And hpop I was thinkin adrenaline or terminator. What do you think? And since I have two tanks does that mean I need two air dogs or does it mount between the bowl and the selector valve? Thanks for the help and opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

to the ORG!!

Moved to the 94-98 7.3L Forums for better responses.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:57 AM

Maybe instead of the stage ones go with something in between like baby swamps. Since Your only looking for a little extra power. I've heard a lot more good thing about the t500 than any of the others and the main plus is the price tag. I can not comment much on the air dog other than I believe you a better just upgrading the lift pump instead. Again correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure u can use the search feature and you will find an answer to all of those questions. Also welcome to the org you will find more information than you will ever need. Good luck
Old 10-31-2013, 12:16 PM
MARSOC > Seals

Welcome to the ORG
Old 10-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

A set of stage 1 injectors will really wake the truck up. I would recommend either Full Force or P.I.S. It would be a good idea to upgrade the turbo as well. Going to a T4 or T4i mount style turbo (H2E, Bell, etc.) would be ideal if you can fit it into your budget.

A T500 HPOP would be a great upgrade too. The stock 15* pump has a hard time keeping up with the demand.

There are many options as far as fuel systems go. Switching to an e-fuel style setup combined with a regulated return is beneficial, especially with the bigger injectors.

We can get you setup with everything listed above if you are interested. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like some pricing.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner View Post
A set of stage 1 injectors will really wake the truck up. I would recommend either Full Force or P.I.S. It would be a good idea to upgrade the turbo as well. Going to a T4 or T4i mount style turbo (H2E, Bell, etc.) would be ideal if you can fit it into your budget.

A T500 HPOP would be a great upgrade too. The stock 15* pump has a hard time keeping up with the demand.

There are many options as far as fuel systems go. Switching to an e-fuel style setup combined with a regulated return is beneficial, especially with the bigger injectors.

We can get you setup with everything listed above if you are interested. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like some pricing.
I love my dp tuner and these guys are great!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the opinions. To Justin I have a Dp tuner on my truck I like it. There a couple tunes that I have that I don't care for like the economy especially. It dogs down real bad if there's any incline in the road I go about 45mph on the highway with that. Any idea why? And when I do these upgrades on my truck are there tunes that you suggest to get or can Dp do custom tunes to my truck
Old 11-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

Maybe use the Daily Driver tune instead. I can't speak for Justin but Econo tunes are just that, for economy. Not racing, hill climbing, or...well...anywhere you are constantly changing speeds. They have the shortest pulse and timed injection event, lowest horse power ratings, and in my experience the most noise from the engine. Mine hates Econo, she won't even start in Econo if the motors hot.

How old are your tunes? Justin's partners may have upgraded their tune specs since your chip was flashed. Might just need a re-burn to make your truck happy. It's always suggested to have the chip re-burned with new performance parts installs. Otherwise the truck can't really take advantage of the new goodies.

Anyway
Old 11-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggy924 View Post
I love my dp tuner and these guys are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzy18 View Post
Thanks for the opinions. To Justin I have a Dp tuner on my truck I like it. There a couple tunes that I have that I don't care for like the economy especially. It dogs down real bad if there's any incline in the road I go about 45mph on the highway with that. Any idea why? And when I do these upgrades on my truck are there tunes that you suggest to get or can Dp do custom tunes to my truck
Has it always done that? Shifting is based upon pedal position and vehicle speed. If there is a problem with either input, it can cause issues.

If it has always done it, we can modify the tune for you to downshift easier. We also offer a daily driving tune for hilly/mountainous areas that is for daily driving in areas like you speak of.

We can do the custom tuning for all of those modifications. If the parts are purchased through us, your tuning upgrades are free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuel View Post
Maybe use the Daily Driver tune instead. I can't speak for Justin but Econo tunes are just that, for economy. Not racing, hill climbing, or...well...anywhere you are constantly changing speeds. They have the shortest pulse and timed injection event, lowest horse power ratings, and in my experience the most noise from the engine. Mine hates Econo, she won't even start in Econo if the motors hot.

How old are your tunes? Justin's partners may have upgraded their tune specs since your chip was flashed. Might just need a re-burn to make your truck happy. It's always suggested to have the chip re-burned with new performance parts installs. Otherwise the truck can't really take advantage of the new goodies.

Anyway
Yes, we offer a Daily Mountain tune for driving in non-flat areas. It keeps the RPM's elevated so you experience no lug. This is the ideal tune when daily driving in non-flat areas.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info. I have only had the tuner for a little more than a year. And yes the econo tune has always done that. Sounds like i need to go with the mountain tune. Thanks fellas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.