a nice clean ! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 09:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a nice clean !

hay my engine is starting to get very greesy and yuky has anyone ever actually clean there engine without tarring it apart ? and wat should I cover up I need to clean the top and passenger side of the engine and hint ?

"I think I might have a leak some were so I want to clean it to see if I actually have one "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 09:30 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Make sure the engine is completely cool and spray simple green all over the entire engine compartment and let it soak in for 5 min. Then use a pressure washer and spray it down while avoiding the alternator and air filter. IMO everything else is okay, of course don't hold the nozzle on an electrical connector or glow plug relay. I've always downed this with all my Diesel engines and have yet to have a problem. I recommend this to another member and he stated he smelled simple green in the cab after he was done but I haven't ever noticed it.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:37 AM

thank's for the info so the valy 'top' of the engien i can spay it good and clean it all up =D time to find sume simple green and clean it all up il just add a plasitc bag over the air intake and computer and electronics just in case
Old 10-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
be careful with pressurized water at your idm as well, or you will be very sorry
Old 10-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Dude......I can't even concentrate enough to make sense of what you are saying.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hmm, I was always told by mechanics when I worked at a dealership detailing cars to never drown water under the hood without the engine running. You want the electrical current running as to not saturate components (wiring).

One Method
1. Get the engine moderately warm,not hot (a couple minute run at idle).
2. VERY LIGHTLY saturate the engine with the hose avoiding FICM, alternator, and air filter (they can get a little wet)
3. turn truck off
4. cover the FICM, alternator, and air filter unit (thicker foil was what we used because we could keep reusing it) with whatever you have that is water resistant/proof and will not melt.
5. spray down motor with mean green, simple green, or anything non corrosive. The also make engine bay cleaner which is what we used.
6. wait 15ish mins.
7. turn motor over and immediately start spraying it down while running until satisfied. (you will see steaming, this is good.)
8. then for covered units whipe with a damp washcloth unit satisfied (just water).
9. drive your truck until it is up to full temp then park it, the motor will dry itself.
*Note: Make sure the pressure of the water you are using is not too high. No pressure washing!

Again just one method. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Jweber6.0L; 10-29-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.