94.5 7.3 powerstroke seal for motor oil pan - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 06:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
94.5 7.3 powerstroke seal for motor oil pan

I notice that my oil pain seal/gasket is leaking, but I do not want to pull the motor can a person pull the transmission, it's a five speed standard f350 then take the oil pan out and slide it out towards the back any help or advice would be freaky appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

The motor needs to be lifted several inches for the pan to clear the crankshaft. I use this to great effect as long as the leak is not where there are moving parts (rear seal mainly). Get the engine hot, clean the area well with brake cleaner, let the cleaner evaporate, spray on a very thin coat, wait 10 minutes and repeat 2 more times. If it starts to drip you used too much. Wait longer.

Sealants : Permatex® Spray Sealant Leak Repair
Old 10-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your leak may not be this, but check anyway: On the 94.5's the flywheel inspection cover can wear a hole in the oil pan (and it did on mine). Mine only leaked when running. You can get an updated cover or grind off the lip on the original. I ended up cleaning the area really well with Brakecleen and then filling the "slot" with JB Putty. I then coated it with 3 coats of POR-15 and it did not leak again. Cheers!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:44 PM

I have the same small leak on mine if you can find where exactly the leak is .. Like I did I took the time and just real carefully scrapped some of the rtv out and cleaned it up and applied a nice new bead of rtv and now I have no leak
Old 10-27-2013, 04:11 PM

I had to raise the engine quite a bit to clear the pickup, mains, etc. It is a P.I.A. I got rid of the stock dipstick tube adapter and welded on a steel one. No more O-ring. There is a big O-ring on the inside of the pan. As it swells over the years it causes the nut on the inside of the pan (O-ring is under the nut) to bend. I couldn't believe how much force an O-ring can apply! Also, Ford uses a gray rtv to seal the pan, no pan gasket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.