What kind of mpg should I expect with my OBS powerstroke ?????.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What kind of mpg should I expect with my OBS powerstroke ?????....

Hey guys I'm new to the site and the powerstroke scene ( I'm a former cummings owner). I just got a clean 97 f250 extra cab 4x4 with auto trans running 285/75/16 rubber I believe 4:10 gears in rear based on door plate it has 225k bought it from a diesel tech at ford has new injectors and lift new glow plugs the works. Ran perfect but just wanted a little more get up and mpgs so I just added MBRP 4 incht turbo back with cat delete and free flow muffler S&B intake and DP tuner with the 40/60/80 loaded tunes running it currently in the 80 mountain mode which was recommended. My question is what kind of mpg increase this should give me ?? Previously I was around 16-17 on my commute if I was gentle on her now it seems I'm the same with almost no change last tank was 15.9 with a slightly heavier foot but not much... Is this normal ?? I was expecting closer to 18-20 with no load and light foot.....:thx for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Your economy sounds average, what kind of terrain do you drive? Lots of hills/mountains, have you changed your fuel filter or fpr screen clean, where are you located? Because it is starting to get in the colder temps they may be pushing winter fuel already
Old 10-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm in Tucson AZ I drive 30 miles each day with little stop and go I go over one small mt pass about 3500 feet nothing to speak of average about 45-50 mph with maybe 5 miles of stop and go tops rest is two lane roads. And no I have not attempted to clean those since this is my first powerstroke. I'm kind of a rookie on this motor compared to my old 05 cummings this is all new. Where and how do I go about cleaning or checking them...?
Old 10-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandfreak520 View Post
I'm in Tucson AZ I drive 30 miles each day with little stop and go I go over one small mt pass about 3500 feet nothing to speak of average about 45-50 mph with maybe 5 miles of stop and go tops rest is two lane roads. And no I have not attempted to clean those since this is my first powerstroke. I'm kind of a rookie on this motor compared to my old 05 Cummins this is all new. Where and how do I go about cleaning or checking them...?
Fixed it for ya

The fuel filter is in that little black topped bowl on top center of engine (aka fuel bowl) the fpr or fuel pressure regulator screen can be found on the side of the bowl, your gonna have to search for the write up as I am not sure where it is currently in these threads, welcome to the org btw
Old 10-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'll check and see what I can find when I get home tonight thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.