Chip Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chip Question

I currently have two different chips for my 1997 Powerstroke. One is a Bully Dog 4 Bank chip and the other is a TS Performance chip. I bought the TS chip to replace the Bully Dog chip because it seemed to be malfunctioning on startup however, the TS chip does the same thing. With that said, here is the problem. When I start the truck, probably about three or four times out of ten, it starts like it is on the first chip setting, is stuck there, and is unresponsive to the switch. I usually just leave it on one position and don't move it, so it starts high idle when it is actually on the 65 hp setting. The first position on the Bully Dog chip is high idle, so when I start the truck and it does this, I can't get the truck to idle down no matter what I do, the only thing I can do is restart the truck and hope it works right which is really annoying. The first position on the TS chip is stock so it is not as annoying when it does this because I can still drive the truck. I have checked the connections on the chip and the pcm and they are extremely clean and the chip seems to be seated properly. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and can help me out. I don't know if this is a common occurrence, a pcm problem, or something else entirely different. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sounds to me like it's a pcm issue. since the connections are clean, the pcm could just be reading chips from the port incorrectly due to malfunction. had similar issue on a 01 stroke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.