Alarm system question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alarm system question

Hello everyone,

I did a search on alarm systems and got a couple different things that pertained to what I was looking for. Although some hit topics that drew my attention but not what I was looking for. I have an alarm system on my truck, not sure if its factory or not. I guessing it's not since I have a Centurion conversion. The alarm worked great when I bought the truck, the problem arose when I was replacing the dual flywheel with a single. I took the starter off thinking it need to come off in order to get the transmission off. I had totally forgot that I didn't unhook the battery. The positive wire to the started touched the underside of the truck. None of my fuses blew but when I got everything back together I did notice my truck alarm would randomly go off when armed. I had to pull a fuse that creates a break in the circuit but also prevents me from starting my truck with out it in. I did some tracking down and found this box zipped tied under my dash. I took some photos of my setup.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 04:08 PM

Alarm system question

I found this box under my dash and decided to pull it apart, what I found inside was what I believe the problem.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:20 PM

My question is
What is the thing that is circled in red?
What is the yellow thing below it that is circled in blue.

I did notice when I armed the system and moved the plastic zig zag thing away from the yellow piece the alarm would go off.

If anyone can help me explaining how it works I would like to have my alarm back and my remote entry please.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:59 AM
over thinking everything

That is a dealer installed item and approved by Ford to be on there. A dealer ought to be able to help
Old 10-12-2013, 06:48 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That is the shock sensor and the piece with the knob sets the sensitivity. I think I have a couple of extras in the shop.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:09 PM

I have turned the knob both ways and the alarm still goes off randomly. It only started after the positive wire touched the underside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dieselman View Post
That is the shock sensor and the piece with the knob sets the sensitivity. I think I have a couple of extras in the shop.
If you had an extra would it be a simple wire up and or if the plug the same hook up and operate. Or is there going to be a problem with the key fob and the brain system?
Old 10-12-2013, 04:51 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It should plug right in. I"m pretty sure that you can unplug it and everything else will still work, you just won't have the shock sensor feature.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:27 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My truck had the dealer alarm too. I didn't know it had it til I disconnected the battery to switch out the starter and it wouldn't start. My mechanic pointed it out to me and showed me how to reset it. It also messed with my turn signals. I got pretty tired of that quickly and had a shop take it out and wire it back to original. 2 hours labor...problem solved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.