Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Squeaking noise

775 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Halby95 
#1 ·
Hi ive got this squeaking noise whenever im going around 25-30 mph and i let off the pedal and coast. It happens at lower speeds too. I cant figure out what it is. I changed the u joints and its still doing it so im kind of stumped. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Does it happen when you hit bumps in the road? Check your bushings in the springs, cab mounts, and your belt

#3 ·
It seems to do it no matter what the road surface is like it still squeaks. Yea i will check them. Is there any way to check them to see if they are good or bad without removing them?

#4 ·
I had a nasty clunk in my old F350 gasser, that would show up at the strangest times. One day I went to do some service and when I hoisted myself up on the left fender, I heard the "clunk"
I discovered the source to be the body bolts that hold the fenders to the cab...once I tightened them all, the clunk vanished for good.

You might be chasing the same kind of ghost...

#6 ·
I dont know if you are asking me or him but mine is a manual and it does it pretty much whenever.

#8 ·
Im thinking its my one of my brakes sticking. Sorry that wasnt a very clear way of saying it. What i meant was it makes the noise at about 5-10 mph and 35-40 mph but it makes the noise if your on any road surface rough or smooth. I think its the brakes because if i tap the brakes it stops for a sec and then starts again once i let off. Thanks for all of yalls help i apreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.