ARCHOIL on most recent oil change. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ARCHOIL on most recent oil change.

Just did a Rotella T6 5W-40 oil change today...even going so far as to change the HPOP oil as well. I would be adding a dose of ARCHOIL as per their directions and I wanted to make sure I got as much of the old stuff out as possible.
HPOP holds about 800 ml of oil, so I added a tablespoonful of the additive to that reservoir, then drained the sump...new filter...new oil and the full 12 oz of ARCHOIL.

I've put a dozen or so miles on it so far and to tell you the truth...I haven't noticed anything amazing or noteworthy. The engine isn't any quieter than before...starts the same as always...too early to judge mileage.

But...being an easy mark for a product with the sorts of claims it makes...I'll be watching closely. I'm hoping that there is SOME truth!
I ordered a 7.3 PSD Package that came with the friction modifier and fuel additive.

Anybody else use the stuff? What is your opinion on it? Worth it?

BTW...mine is a 97 with just over 112,000 miles...so maybe I don't have enough wear and tear for it to be noticeable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 03:46 PM

Another elixir. Might work in the newer tight tolerance motors. You will not notice the difference on our motors, if anything best to use Lucas, it stays tacky and helps keep the oil stable with the heat generated to keep the parts protected. There is nothing you could use in the oil or fuel to add mileage and power as advertised, its like the idiots on ebay selling chips that give you 100hp and 20+ mpg.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:42 PM

Just over a month with this stuff and I can honestly say that I don't notice any difference from before.
As I said; I'm an easy mark for anything that implies it will save my engine...but it has to make SOME kind of difference.

Might get ONE more treatment for the next oil change (since it will be Spring and I'll be switching back to dino-oil)...but unless I see improvements while hauling the RV, it will be the last time.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Rodslinger's B1TCH

changing to rotella t6 made a huge difference in cold starts on mine... warm starts are a little quicker too.

there's no reason for anything else to change much. diesels make the sound they make because they need to. if it starts to run quieter than normal, you probably have a problem.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Snake Oil only does one thing, it drains your wallet. A good quality oil should not need any type of additive to make it better. Some additives are also harmful and can change the chemistry of the oil. Bottom line is don't waste your money on them.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

Get rid of the t6 and use schafers oil, mobile1, AMSOIL, or even Delo. A lot of bad oil tests on t6 and after running some of the oils listed above the truck runs better, starts better , idles smoother ect.... I will never run t6 again
Old 11-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol_Blue97 View Post
Get rid of the t6 and use schafers oil, mobile1, AMSOIL, or even Delo. A lot of bad oil tests on t6 and after running some of the oils listed above the truck runs better, starts better , idles smoother ect.... I will never run t6 again
Can you post the links to the tests for the t6? Itd be interested to see what these tests say. I ran t6 for 40k miles that I had my 6.4 and did Blackstone oil report for every single oil change and had nothing but great things with the t6.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

I don't have links or the paper work that I had done but common rail vs a 7.3/6.0 can have very different results. I had signs of copper and ???? I forget the other which showed signs of bearing wear. Changed oils and did a test again after 2 oil changes and it was perfect

The reason I can't provide a link is because it was in the abyss of a chat thread. But there were others that had the same issue which prompted me to run a test
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.