2wd OBS front suspension - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2wd OBS front suspension

quite curious about this...
As all of us well know, these obs trucks have sh*t brick suspension, and ive heard of alot of guys swaping out the front suspension on their 4x4's with that of the super duties front suspension after having swapped to a D60. But what about us 2wd obs guys? Can we swap out the front coil spring with a spring from a super duty? (powerstroke or triton) would everything have to be re alligned? IMHO the super duty trucks ride ALOT nicer in the front. if this is possible, i have a nice set of super duty coil springs (from a triton) at the local junkyard that are calling my name!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The 2wd OBS and 2wd SD use the SAME front suspension. As far as a 2wd OBS riding bad, I DISAGREE
Old 10-02-2013, 03:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_brad View Post
The 2wd OBS and 2wd SD use the SAME front suspension. As far as a 2wd OBS riding bad, I DISAGREE
Im with you 100%. Just sold a 93 F350 2wd 460- never had a nicer riding truck in my life. She floated down the hwy...
Old 10-02-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460gashog View Post
Im with you 100%. Just sold a 93 F350 2wd 460- never had a nicer riding truck in my life. She floated down the hwy...
I drove a 2013 4x4 F250 CCSB Platinum edition the other day... Talk about smooth...

Still prefer my old wooden wagon!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My 2wd dually floats like a Cadillac, my 4x4 f250 will hurt your kidneys on a gravel road
Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_brad View Post
Seriously? they're the same? how come the super duties ride so nicely then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460gashog View Post
Mine is rough going down the highway ( could have something to do about our potholes that could swallow china) but still, even on decent roads, you hit the slightest bump and your questioning if you hit an IED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozinag View Post
I drove a 2013 4x4 F250 CCSB Platinum edition the other day... Talk about smooth...

Still prefer my old wooden wagon!
i agree, i drove one of those too, felt like I was driving a cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
My 2wd dually floats like a Cadillac, my 4x4 f250 will hurt your kidneys on a gravel road
As explained, my 2wd f250 will hurt your kidneys on any road, let alone if you take it off road. i took it down a really narly trail last week (4 miles of ruts and roots ) and probably lost a year or so of my life span by doing so!

on a side note, any of you guys done an intake manifold gasket on a 97 grand prix 3.8 nsc? moms car went belly up in a walmart parking lot yesterday and i had to tow her out.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:06 PM

My brother did one on a 01 Monte Carlo SS, huge pain took all weekend, shop charges bout $1600 for the job tho,

And my dually is like a cloud regardless, I love it

Try new shocks
Old 10-02-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstrokenation1995 View Post
Seriously? they're the same? how come the super duties ride so nicely then?

Yes, the FRONT is the same, the rear is different spring rates

Mine is rough going down the highway ( could have something to do about our potholes that could swallow china) but still, even on decent roads, you hit the slightest bump and your questioning if you hit an IED!

Any TRUCK hitting Large potholes is going to be rough

i agree, i drove one of those too, felt like I was driving a cloud.

The rear suspension on the 08+ are different again but also why you can put 3000lbs in your truck an have is slightly squat, while the 08 will be on the ground

As explained, my 2wd f250 will hurt your kidneys on any road, let alone if you take it off road. i took it down a really narly trail last week (4 miles of ruts and roots ) and probably lost a year or so of my life span by doing so!

Any rutted road will beat your guts out, these trucks ere not designed to "perform" on roads like that. They were designed for pavement

on a side note, any of you guys done an intake manifold gasket on a 97 grand prix 3.8 nsc? moms car went belly up in a walmart parking lot yesterday and i had to tow her out.
I am not quite sure what you are expecting out of F250 TRUCK
Old 10-03-2013, 07:06 AM

I've noticed my rear on the dually rides a hell of a lot better with my trailer hooked to it
Old 10-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

Air down your tires too. Mine rides like a car at 40 psi where when it's time to work she rides like a truck at 60 psi. I keep sandbags on the tail when I'm not hauling to help the ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.