Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

maybe some help here?

637 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dirtcrew51m 
#1 · (Edited)
recently my truck started making a loud vibration/moaning noise when first started and even at normal operating temps , it does it at random , one of my exhaust hangers is broke and whenever the truck starts doing what it does it rattles the hanger and starts moaning/vibrating , the ebpv is un plugged and the truck runs GREAT , i pull up at a stop light and it randomly starts making this noise , takes off fine and runs like a champ , here is a video i took , the moaning/vibrating starts at 12 seconds and goes on , up untill 12 seconds you hear the exhaust hanger rattling , the rear of the truck is the only spot i can get a good video because the camer wont pick up the noise in the cab even though it is loud as ever and the engine over whelms it up close , so hopefully you can hear it , truck is a 89 F350 with a 97 PSD , only mods are DY 6637 and muffler delete.

it never use to do this moaning/vibration , its not because im standing at the rear either , i go inside the cab and hear the same thing , im thinking its the turbo because when driving at times i hear a jingle type noise and lean towards where the turbo sits and it becomes more clearer , but have no idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.