Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

CCV mod to exhaust, anyone test vacuum?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  terryknight 
#1 ·
I'm putting together an intercooler for my 97, and want to relocate the CCV. Was thinking of adding it to the downpipe or cat delete pipe. Has anyone welded in a tube and tested it for how much actual vacuum (if any) it pulls? I have to assume it will do the same as the intake, but it's also a pretty big exhaust to actually pull vacuum at idle.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Well the exhaust would not pull near as much as the intake being as how the turbo is not sucking it out

#3 ·
The exhaust will flow as much air as the intake will, it doesn't just disappear into the engine. :)

But it is a much larger pipe, so the speed will be less. I was thinking that if I extend the CCV pipe towards the middle of the exhaust, it may keep a suction. I'll run the vacuum gauge into the cab and hog on it. Be a neat exercise.

So no, you haven't done it I take it?

#4 ·
I'm sorry you are rite, but I meant exactly what your saying with diameters of pipe, no mine does not hook to the exhaust it just dumps at the rear axle

#6 ·
I meant on the exhaust evacuation, as a venturi effect. Pulling vacuum on the CCV system.

Edit: 251fifty, how much dripping do you have out of the tube? My buddy has an EX with 160k that drips just barely, but I'm thinking with my 280k mine might push a little more oil out.

#7 ·
run the ccv run and let gravity keep the oil down. there should be no dripping.

as for the exhaust pulling vacuum i understand now i would doubt the would be much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.