Things that go pop.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 04:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Things that go pop....

So yesterday I get in my truck drive about 4 miles and I guess my rig was telling me I'm needing to go on a diet. I felt a pop, almost like a spring broke?or shifted,if that's possible. And now I'm sitting in a hole. Anyone have experience with these seats. Am I pretty screwed? There are a set of f350 seats that look pretty nice on Craigslist for 350 out of a 96. But I was wanting some newer seats at some point. I just don't have a grand to drop on them at the moment. Any thoughts or suggestions? There is no spring poking thru the cloth so I guess that's good.
Anyone have these seats rebuilt? I wonder how much that would cost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Rebuild it your self, pull the cloth off and see what your working with, there is a junk yard out near carnigie I got lot of good parts from
Old 09-18-2013, 06:26 AM

Lmc has a seat rebuild kit for 35$ comes with foam hog rings pliers and a reinforcement deal. I may have to grab that. I've got a long trip coming up and its going to suck the way my seat is now
Old 09-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm looking for sd seats now Kause they are much more comfy
Old 09-18-2013, 09:11 AM

thats the end goal. newer 150 or super duty seats. just dont have the jack to drop into them right now. and really dont want to drop 300ish on obs seats then turn around and pick up the seats i want ya know
Old 09-19-2013, 04:59 AM
Transmission or Injectors

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Its usually not so much the springs that break, but the metal hole that they attach into stretches and breaks.

There are not enough hog rings in the seats to warrant a rebuild kit.

Remove the back of the seat from the base (removing the adjuster and the pivot on the other side) and there are clips holding the seat fabric on the base. Once those are free, you can pull the cover off. It velcros to the foam, so you can either remove that, or take the foam and the cloth off in one shot.

If the springs are ok, the foam might be pushed into the wire mesh type thing that holds the foam up. If it is, you can put a piece of cardboard (beer box unfolded) on top of the mesh and under the foam to give it the support. It needs to give a bit, but the cardboard will prevent squeaks.

Most of the Ford vehicles in the truck vintage run the same springs, so if you need a spring, most any seat can be a donor. If you need a new foam, Aerostar seats are a very close match. They are not exact, but there are usually a million of them at the wrecker.

Here is my old post on repairing a seat, except without the pictures, its pretty much useless
Ford Seat Rebuild

Last edited by lwillson; 09-19-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:38 AM
Transmission or Injectors

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I found the pics on my hardrive, I started putting pictures back in, but I will finish editing the old post later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.