Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

code and code scanner

737 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  shocker998md 
#1 ·
so ive been throwing this one code po1211 injector pressure to low or to high is what it says. now ive had it cleared and its thrown it again, does this mean that the fuel pump is going bad? I thought i read somewhere that this is a common code if the truck is chipped but its not, and never has been. its a 97 f350 5speed with a DIY intake and 3inch DP to 4inch all the way back. Any ideas would be nice,Also does anybody know of a scanner that wont break the bank that works with the powerstrokes because im sick of having to chase down mechanics to find one that does have a scanner that will work. thanks guys

#2 ·
P1211-IPR ICP pressure above/below desired Continuous and KOER on-demand test IPR valve failed, stuck, or shorted to ground.

This is a common could if you are running a chip or a tuner because the demand for oil cannot be met by the factory hpop system. Since you dont have a chip or a tuner installed it could be a failing high pressure oil pump, sensor going bad, or injector o-rings.

How does the truck run? Does it start up easily?

For a scanner I use a program found here: OBD-2 Vehicle Explorer Scan Tool Browser

#3 ·
the truck starts up fine. Now ive got a driver pulling an empty car hauler and says that if he builds boost after 2000 rpms the truck takes a **** on him. almost as if it is starving for fuel. I dont even know what to look for when he gets back to nc. thanks for the info on the scanner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.