Easiest way to access fuel ports behind heads - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-17-2013, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Easiest way to access fuel ports behind heads

I did e-fuel a month or so ago and ever since then ive been dealing with a very slow leak that is bad some days and others doesnt leak at all. Problem is i cut the tubes heading to the back of the heads and just double clamped some hose clamps on it and doesnt quite seal all the way. I didnt want to pull the turbo because i was lazy but now im sick of loosing green gold on the ground and want to fix it. Whats the easiest way to get at those ports. And am i correct they are 1/8 npt ports?

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #2 of 7 Old 09-17-2013, 07:23 AM
the baconator

 
terryknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Easton MD 21601
Posts: 12,561
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 118 Times in 113 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Pull the turbo and i believe you are correct.

94.5 F250 Reg Cab 4x4 5 speed 4.10 276000 plus miles

97 F350 Crew Cab LB 4x4 5 speed 3.55 320000 plus miles (parts truck)



Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3 View Post
YouTube: Providing idiots everywhere a podium to share their stupidity
terryknight is online now  
post #3 of 7 Old 09-17-2013, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
As for pulling the turbo, can i just unbolt the turbo from the pedestal or does the pedestal have to come out at the same time? id rather not mess with the bolt in the back if i can get away with it

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 09-17-2013, 07:40 AM
the baconator

 
terryknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Easton MD 21601
Posts: 12,561
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 118 Times in 113 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
pedistal has to come out at the same time. the pedistal bolts to the turbo from the bottom. you probably can get to the fittings without removing to turbo, but don't quote me. i vaguely remember a thread on here where a guy did that. use plenty of PB blaster or equivalent on the bolts. you will need a 15mm swivel socket for the bottom two collector bolts, a 13mm socket for the top two and a 10mm swivel socket (1/4 drive works best for the rear two) for the pedistal bolts. replace the o rings while you are in there. sometimes the bottom two collector bolts don't work with the swivel socket in which case you will need a wrench that has been made to fit

94.5 F250 Reg Cab 4x4 5 speed 4.10 276000 plus miles

97 F350 Crew Cab LB 4x4 5 speed 3.55 320000 plus miles (parts truck)



Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3 View Post
YouTube: Providing idiots everywhere a podium to share their stupidity
terryknight is online now  
post #5 of 7 Old 09-17-2013, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryknight View Post
pedistal has to come out at the same time. the pedistal bolts to the turbo from the bottom. you probably can get to the fittings without removing to turbo, but don't quote me. i vaguely remember a thread on here where a guy did that. use plenty of PB blaster or equivalent on the bolts. you will need a 15mm swivel socket for the bottom two collector bolts, a 13mm socket for the top two and a 10mm swivel socket (1/4 drive works best for the rear two) for the pedistal bolts. replace the o rings while you are in there. sometimes the bottom two collector bolts don't work with the swivel socket in which case you will need a wrench that has been made to fit
Is it possible to unbolt the turbo from underneath the pedestal? But now that im thinking more about it, i think i could just use compression tube fittings, that willl be alot easier. what size tube is it from the back of the heads?

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 09-17-2013, 08:46 AM
the baconator

 
terryknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Easton MD 21601
Posts: 12,561
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 118 Times in 113 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
compression fittings would be easiest. i want to say the lines are 1/4" but the may be 3/16" i can't remember. and there is no way to unbolt the turbo from the pedistal.

94.5 F250 Reg Cab 4x4 5 speed 4.10 276000 plus miles

97 F350 Crew Cab LB 4x4 5 speed 3.55 320000 plus miles (parts truck)



Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3 View Post
YouTube: Providing idiots everywhere a podium to share their stupidity
terryknight is online now  
post #7 of 7 Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryknight View Post
compression fittings would be easiest. i want to say the lines are 1/4" but the may be 3/16" i can't remember. and there is no way to unbolt the turbo from the pedistal.
I read a thread where a guy chimed in saying he did that but no one else was able to confirm that. Thats why i asked. But yea i suppose ill try compression fittings before i go tearing the turbo off and screwing up something else like i always do

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome