new guy with some questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new guy with some questions

just got me a 94.5 powerstroke traded my 2wd 12v cummins for it...the pstrokes a 4x4 lifted on 35s 5speed tony wildman chip big chargr cold air intake etc...but problems are power steering pumps out, the steering wheel jiggles a bit up and down, and the clutch is so f..ing hard to press down to start it,and needs a new ignition.(has a tractor ignition on it now) sooo how bad is the damage parts wise boys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

bear in mind i work on 12vs and commonrails so keep the talk dumbed down haha
Old 09-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The steering wheel jiggle can be fixed with new steering column bearings, the powersteering pump I guess needs to be swapped out, and the clutch I'm unsure of, I'm sure there is a way to adjust the pressure
Old 09-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Welcome to the org btw
Old 09-15-2013, 04:36 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
PS pump can be a PITA, the pulley has to be removed in the truck then the pump slides out of the bracket from the back. pump is $70ish reman from autozone. the pump is much easier to remove if you take the radiator/shroud out, then there is enough room to get a puller on the pulley.

Kris is right you need a column rebuild, never done one so i can't comment on price, but do it sooner rather than later otherwise you might wind up needed a whole new column

ignition again don't know never had an issue.

as for the clutch i don't exactly know what you are asking. is the pedal hard to push or is it hard to get it pushed far enough to start the truck? these trucks came with a DMF dual mass flywheel, they are known to come apart at inopportune times. hopefully a stiff pedal is because a previous owner upgraded the clutch and put in a stiffer pressure plate. if it is hard to press the clutch far enough then the problem is likely the clutch rod/bushing on the end of teh master cylinder. the rod comes from the MC and connect to the pedal assembly with a plastic bushing in between. these bushings don't last long and then there is soft metal on metal wear that results in the hole in the end of the MC rod elongating and the peg on the side of the pedal assembly wearing. mine wore so bad that the hole elongated 1/4" and the peg wore in half adding up to about 1/2" of extra slop. you can either A get a new lever arm for the pedals, a new bushing, and a new rod or B one of these

Ford Clutch Permanent Fix Original Inventors Rod End Powerstroke Super Duty Also | eBay

and welcome
Old 09-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

its hard to start i have to put my foot through the loor almost just to start it...also when im sitting in nuetral and rev it the trans make some grinding noise! and when i shift down from 5th it tries to fall in 4th rather than nuetral
Old 09-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

filled out sig for yall
Old 09-16-2013, 05:09 PM
the baconator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94slowpoke View Post
its hard to start i have to put my foot through the loor almost just to start it...also when im sitting in nuetral and rev it the trans make some grinding noise! and when i shift down from 5th it tries to fall in 4th rather than nuetral
the pedal assemble or rod or both is worn, when in neutral if you lightly press on the clutch does it go away? my guess is the gear roll over noise that is common with a SMF single mass flywheel conversion. the falling into 4th thing i have no idea
Old 09-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes it goes away and looks like im about to have a fun weekend huh lol
Old 09-16-2013, 05:42 PM
the baconator

depends. you may need to order parts this week or else you won't be doing anything this weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.