P0344 P0236 P0470 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0344 P0236 P0470

p0344 - cam shaft position.... i know how to fix that

p0236 - turbocharger boost sensor a circuit range/performace...what the heck and how do I fix that?

p0470 - exhaust pressure sensor malfuntion??? dunno how to fix

p1111 - intake air temp sensor high voltage...what to do??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

p0236 i throw constantly.. nothings ever happend but dont take my word for it. today. ive been driving around without my trubo it took a dump on me today
Old 06-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So is that relating to the chip I have?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:32 PM

i dont think that code is. I get it weather i have my edge on or not
Old 06-13-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julycover96 View Post
p0344 - cam shaft position.... i know how to fix thatyou can get this from cranking on it or running the stuff out of it

p0236 - turbocharger boost sensor a circuit range/performace...what the heck and how do I fix that?you run the the stuff out of it made to much boost,get a pop off vavle in the map line

p0470 - exhaust pressure sensor malfuntion??? dunno how to fixyou ran the stuff out of it, don't wind it out so much

p1111 - intake air temp sensor high voltage...what to do?? p1111= sys pass (no DTC's codes) means you cleared you codes and their isn't no more and it passt
i don't see anything to worry about just don't run it so hard.

the cam and turbo code came from running it to hard and the exhaust back pressure came from when you let off it to slow down. use to get them all the time.

Last edited by tubzz; 06-13-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks - that's good to know.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:17 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

p0344 is a cam sensor code as you know , i would put one in it , that code doesnt get thrown because you ran it hard , at some point the rpms read by the pcm didnt match what it wanted to see , if it was a p0340 id say clear and see if it comes back, there ceap just replace the cam sensor

p0236 , could be due to chip , but also could be a wiring issue to map sensor or sensor itself, when yhou clear the codes see if it returns if it does , try it without the chip , if it still comes back you have a problem, a map sensor or wiring issue with no chip could possibly when chip installed reduce performance , the pcm takes map sensor signal too know how much fuel to give

p0470 is very common and also has nothing to do wth the fact that it is run hard , the ebp sensor may be bad , or the line to it clogged , is not a big deal, ebp codes are also very common but generally i just dont pay them much mind

as far as the intake air code , i usually find it unhooked alot , look around the air filter area and see if you find it un hooked , and also is another code thats nothing to be concerned about
Old 06-16-2008, 03:57 PM

SCUFFY828
yes sir you will get everyone of them codes running it hard. i have had them codes just going down the strip with a new cam sencor (the new recalled sencor). you put a hot chip in, then go balls to the wall their is the boost code (which some obs truck can be only 19-20 lbs)and just let off it. it will skip because of the ICP pressure, their is your cam,back pressure code.they all 3 happen at the sametime. my AE has recorded it many times.
but hay what do i know,i'm no tech just some guy who build his truck himself in the driveway over 7 years and did not buy it this way.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:08 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubzz View Post
SCUFFY828
yes sir you will get everyone of them codes running it hard. i have had them codes just going down the strip with a new cam sencor (the new recalled sencor). you put a hot chip in, then go balls to the wall their is the boost code (which some obs truck can be only 19-20 lbs)and just let off it. it will skip because of the ICP pressure, their is your cam,back pressure code.they all 3 happen at the sametime. my AE has recorded it many times.
but hay what do i know,i'm no tech just some guy who build his truck himself in the driveway over 7 years and did not buy it this way.
well i am a diesel tech thats probably worked on more powerstrokes than are registered in the state you live in, if you are getting anything more than a overboost code or a poossible p1211 , then something is wrong with your truck, but what do i know , i just work on them every day, and i didnt buy mine already done either , and have built more than my share of trucks not just my own, wasnt trying to start a arguement with you , just stating what i know to be fact and by the way , this is the way you spell SENSOR
Old 06-16-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
well i am a diesel tech thats probably worked on more powerstrokes than are registered in the state you live in, if you are getting anything more than a overboost code or a poossible p1211 , then something is wrong with your truck, but what do i know , i just work on them every day, and i didnt buy mine already done either , and have built more than my share of trucks not just my own, wasnt trying to start a arguement with you , just stating what i know to be fact and by the way , this is the way you spell SENSOR

OK you win, you are a diesel tech god,i did not learn nothing when building a slow 12' secound, on fuel only, OBS 4x4 pick-up. or from all the miles of testing that i have done for guys like you to put it on you truck. yes you do have a few things in your sig that was on my truck way before they had a name to go on the markit. but you are the tech so no more out of me. forgive me

thanks for the spelling lesson but where i come from this is the way you spell possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.