Sound like a good deal? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sound like a good deal?

My dad has a friend in Arkansas, one of his best friends brothers. He owns over two thousand acres of farm land. (Mostly rice and such.) Well, anyway, we were down there last year snow geese hunting and I noticed he had a bunch of old 7.3 idi's just sitting around. Being the kid I am, 18 at the time. I got pretty excited. Looking around at all these not knowing if they run or not. So I picked out the best looking one I could find, a 93? so says the guy. He said a guy that worked for him said it ran when he parked it but it ran kinda funny so he told the guy to let it sit and he would buy a new truck. (He is a millionaire so a new truck is nothing.) I asked him what he would want for it to let me take it home, they guy jokingly said what do you have in your wallet? Then immediately said, You know what, if you got something to haul it home with it'll be free. Plus any other truck you see here. It'll only be around $400 in fuel and a borrowed trailer to get it home to good ole northern Indiana. It all sounds good but if I get it back and it doesn't run ill have to scrap it or part it out. With college and everything else going on that wasted time and money (unless scraping or parting out will make up for it) ill be screwed out of that.. But if it does work out I could sell it and possibly have enough to drive something other than a 97 Nissan Senta 30 miles to school 4 days a week. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 03:14 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
where is this guy? does he want to get of them all? i can make a trip to AR.

seriously look at the truck see if you can get it to run there, if you can get a rust free truck. if there is an 350 get it the front axle is worth 800+ rust free beds are 800+. so even if it doesn't run it's worth money.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryknight View Post
where is this guy? does he want to get of them all? i can make a trip to AR.

seriously look at the truck see if you can get it to run there, if you can get a rust free truck. if there is an 350 get it the front axle is worth 800+ rust free beds are 800+. so even if it doesn't run it's worth money.
I'm pretty sure it was a 350. Single Cab. Long bed or short bed that I can't remember. I use to have pictures but don't recall what happened to them. He had at least three or four other idi's and even an old Ranger that was blue and white but he said it got caught up in a fire when they were burning fields. Probably not enough for the hassle on that one. Some didn't have seats and minor stuff, but I know for sure this one had everything in it. The tires were still pumped up too. Key in the ignition, but the batteries were worn down. I was thinking if he was still considering getting rid of a couple to either get two of them and pay for the fuel myself, or consider having someone do the work for me and in result getting a free truck out of it. Not everyday do you find things like this.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ill take one, i need a trash truck.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Premium Member

I just don't know which ones run, but even if they don't and I made the run down or someone else did ill make some profit, whatever gets me out of this junky nissan sentra. If i could afford to drive my truck 30 miles four times a week I would. So the poor thing is only used for other stuff. :/
Old 09-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Premium Member

Anyone know how big of a gooseneck I'd need to tow two trucks? If thats even legal without a cdl. My dad has a cdl just not me.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_ View Post
I just don't know which ones run, but even if they don't and I made the run down or someone else did ill make some profit, whatever gets me out of this junky nissan sentra. If i could afford to drive my truck 30 miles four times a week I would. So the poor thing is only used for other stuff. :/
too bad you didnt have pics. id pay you 400 bucks, haha.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Premium Member

Well if I could get two 350's pull the dana 60's and sell one and put the other on my truck. (Unless one truck ran fine and i could sell that) I'd be happy. The one I wanted for sure is 4x4 but I can't recall if its a 350 or not... i wish i could pull pics out of space haha
Old 09-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokeshellback View Post
too bad you didnt have pics. id pay you 400 bucks, haha.

Bam! Not as pretty as I remembered but will get the job done, if he has a 350 and I can't get two trucks ill just go for the 350..
Old 09-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Premium Member

but but but i want it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.