96 powerstroke with mods... what next? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
96 powerstroke with mods... what next?

I bought this truck immediately after it had a set of performance injectors installed. I don't know how big they are and the shop that did it won't tell me. I am an ex-car and school bus mechanic of 8 years. I know to a degree what I am doing however I figured it was time to join up with you guys since I am asking questions that I can't get answers for here locally.
here goes...
I have a 96 powerstroke lifted 6 inches on 315's, it has a 4.10 gear, superchips power programmer, fuel pressure shim mod, eot mod, 10k mod, adjusted tps, cold air intake, stock turbo,no cat, no muffler. that's all I can think of for now.

It still has the crush tube exhaust downpipe and I have been wanting a t.s. 6 position or a tw chip. I want to be able to blow smoke at people to show off a bit and I love to enjoy the truck and just drive it. I beat on it a bit. I don't do pulls, or even off road it. I just want a powerful truck to drive and show some local what diesels will do. I plan on doing exhuast, fmic on it and electric fan soon. I also have a solid axle conversion for it. I just want some suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

should I investigate the injectors before pushing it any harder? oh and it has a jasper performance E4OD. I just need some advice. also should I be considering a performance hpop soon too? I appreciate any advice you can provide.
thanks
brandon
Old 06-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Watch out when doing the EOT mod and plus a chip... too much timing and it'll put holes in your pistons! Plus I thought it was only for automatics? Whats the tps?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wait is it the throttle position sensor?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Premium Member

Thumbs up alittle help

Hey man,It soulds like you got a good one.first R&R that down pipe and get those sticks flow setted.hey pm me I have alot of parts and performance parts ,like
big oil Hpop,sticks,, turbo all this stuff is brand new left over from my last up grade.so there waiting for you and yes i have a down pipe to.P.S have custom burn chip.

Last edited by outlawdiesel; 06-09-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

tps... sor pot sensor

sorry I build mustangs for a living now. I have been so used to call it a tps instead of a pot sensor. anyways I elongated the mounting holes on the pot sensor as it didn't even read 4.0 volts at wot so I elongated the holes set the base voltage to .70 volts and it bumped the top end voltage to 4.3 volts... factor it was only around .3 volts at closed throttle position. this mad so much of a difference I absolutely could not believe it. there is no more gradual dead pedal for the first inch or so of pedal it really takes off like a gasser... instantaneously. love it! this is always the first step in tuning my mustangs so I had to try it on the powerstroke.
worked great
brandon
Old 06-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuty73 View Post
Watch out when doing the EOT mod and plus a chip... too much timing and it'll put holes in your pistons! Plus I thought it was only for automatics? Whats the tps?
yeah, I guess you meant to say stick shifts actually they have found it works on both I guess. either way it bumps the timing. I did notice it had less black smoke with the eot mod. b4 it would pour out some smoke .... not like a cummins but it would do it enough to piss off bicyclists and make me laugh about it.lol!!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin hawaiian View Post
Hey man,It soulds like you got a good one.first R&R that down pipe and get those sticks flow setted.hey pm me I have alot of parts and performance parts ,like
big oil Hpop,sticks,, turbo all this stuff is brand new left over from my last up grade.so there waiting for you and yes i have a down pipe to.P.S have custom burn chip.
sticks flow setted? not up on terminology does this mean injectors?
Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 AM
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
DESCRIPTION ON THE EOT MOD AND ALL THE OTHER ONES THAT ARE NOT COMMON TO THE POWERSTROKE WORLD PLEASE?//
Old 06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

powerstroke mods

the eot mod. I used a 4.7k ohm resistor I spliced it in parallel on one of the wires going to the engine oil temperature sensor. it restricts a little voltage via the resistor and tells the computer the engine is cooler than it really is in order to advance the timing. I noticed a difference with it however, some of my black smoke disapeared subsequently due to the advanced timing.

also I will add that my transmission shifts so much better now after the dialing in the pot sensor. it still amazes me how little it takes for these truck to respond.

are there any other mods I need to help you out with?

10k mod is extremely popular so I assume you know that one. if not let me know. or you can call me.
brandon
1-217-201-0917
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.