Is it worth the money or not.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is it worth the money or not..

Hey guys so I sold my old 97 f250 7.3 turbo during the summer.

I'm looking up at picking up another one on Friday I just can't justify if it's a
Little to much money or not, truck comes safety etested has 272k miles on and he's asking 12,500$

Any input would be nice! Beautiful truck that's for sure.

TEXAS BEAUTY-1995 F350 XLT CREW CAB LONG BOX

There's a link for it

Thank you Sebastien
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

They were asking $12,500 for my truck too. We settled on $9,600 cash in hand.

Hard to tell from an ad how much it is worth. Bring along a scanner if you got one. It does seem a little high though with 272k miles, on the other hand it would not look that good if it was not taken care of. Good Luck and buy with cash if you can.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:05 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just be careful if it has over 300k...mine has rolled back to 300k twice so far...the odometers were not made to go above 399,999...just a fyi
Old 09-12-2013, 01:40 PM

A 5-speed version of this truck would normally fetch US$10,000-ish. Big ?? on an automatic truck with that many miles is whether / how recently the tranny has been rebuilt.

Shoot, pics from kijiji are blocked from my location; gotta wait 'til tonight to see, but two-tones are generally sharp trucks.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:41 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
flares could be hiding rust. i think the price is high
Old 09-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
A 5-speed version of this truck would normally fetch US$10,000-ish. Big ?? on an automatic truck with that many miles is whether / how recently the tranny has been rebuilt.

Shoot, pics from kijiji are blocked from my location; gotta wait 'til tonight to see, but two-tones are generally sharp trucks.
Let me know what you think when u see the pictures! What are some of the signs I could look for if the transmition is weak or strong?

Thanks for the input I will be looking everywhere for rust that's for sure
Old 09-12-2013, 05:05 PM

I think its high also I don't see anymore than 9500 for it with it being an auto who knows how long that tranny has left I bought mine in my SIG for 3500 and put a paint job on it id sell for 12k lol its only got 243k on it
Old 09-12-2013, 05:18 PM

I agree about the flares. How long has the truck been up here (well, up there...)? Those tires don't require flares that big, so indeed there could be rust under them.

Two-tone is def. sharp. Lots of aftermarket bling - rear bumper, headache rack, bed rails, wheels; whether those are pluses or minuses depends on whether you want them, or whether you could turn around and sell them and revert to stock.

They should've included at least one shot under the hood. Gotta wonder about performance mods; tailpipe is stock. No evidence of a chip or programmer, from the dash pic. Looks like the typical sunbelt-induced glaucoma in the headlights. MPH speedometer will take some getting used to, unless you're at least as old as me....
Old 09-12-2013, 05:22 PM

Look underneath, see what is rusted, such as the frame cross overs, shock and spring mounts, drive shaft, etc, check the fuel and trans lines, and look at the antifreeze. Ask what the best he will do.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Premium Member

The truck just came up in may so it hasent seen a winter yet, this guy imports a couple a year , he lives out in Texas for the winter then brings them back.

he claims the truck is bone stock minus the obvious cosmetic aftermarket stuff which I would be removing the rails and headache rack.

When we talked on the phone he said there wasent much play on price. I will definitely check around those flares make sure it's really solid, he said the only paint defects are on the frame where there is paint flaking just from age but no rust.

When he brought it down he got it safetied right away so it got new ball joints upper and lower on both sides and brakes all around so I guess that's a plus.

But to Anwser your question I'm only 22 so the mph will take some sort of getting use to.

Big question as well , would this be reliable to go to work construction everyday with a trailer.?

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.