biggest tire size without a lift? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Nuckin' Futz

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
biggest tire size without a lift?

hey yall im wondering what the biggest tire size i can fit under my stock F-350 with out needing any kind of lift. My 265/75R16's look small and its tire time. Ive read that 305/70R16 will fit with no rubbing issues. I wan't bigger tires for the look but also it will bring the RPM's down on the highway or any driving for that matter and save me som $$$ on Diesel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Nuckin' Futz

i was looking on some websites and it looks like 285/75R16's are actually taller (not as wide) as 305/70R16's and they can hold more weight especially if you get load range E's (3700 lb rating) but the D's are still 3350 lb rating where as the 305's are just 2900. i don't know what do yall think.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hey i am on ....i am in the powerstroke the foil delete doesnt really do anything so i am just gonna leave it i dont think it will get any louder the mbrp exhaust makes sharline loud enough
Old 05-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Too cool for school

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to taylorking Send a message via Yahoo to taylorking
^^What was that? lol

if you're wanting a taller tire then get the 285/75's

i have 3.55's so i can go with a wider tire and still have good mpg on the interstate

what gears do u have?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Nuckin' Futz

oh that was my buddy...hes new to the site and didn't know about PMing so he just tracked down one of my threads. Ive got 3.55's. See i want a taller tire to fit the wheel well a bit better and i play in the snow alot so from experience a slightly narrower tire does better. The 285/75's are a 33 and the 305/70's are a 32 but im worried about the clearance in the front while turning with the 305's. plus they don't have the load rating the 285's do. See i don't even know how big i can go without needing a lift so its making it hard.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I used to have a 93 and could clear 315/75 16's@ stock height. Some trucks need to have the bumper shimmed a little ( washers between the bumper and the mount). You also can go to your local tire shop and ask them to mount the tire on the rim and put on the truck and turn the wheel lock to lock.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned

you can easily fit 36's with no lift,....you just have to be willing to "massage" some sheet metal...lol

I had 36's and no lift,...but I could've fit 37's
Old 05-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Nuckin' Futz

well i know what tire im going with but just not size yet. Im looking at load rating as well as the size and from what ive seen the 285's have the highest ratings. plus the price...its gonna be a while before i get them (uncle sam called i guess there's a war going on) but i want to get it figured out so that when i get back from the sand box i can get everything done i need to do.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Nuckin' Futz

ha ha...yeah i saw your thread a little while ago where you were putting the fender flares on. I don't know if ive got the nuts to do that...it was hard enough for me to put my hood pins in.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:45 PM

I was running 285/75 on my f250. Now I am running 305/70. I was runnning BFG's AT's and now I have Maxxis Bighorns. The bighorns are the same height as the BFG's just slightly wider. Both rubbed at full lock with stock wheels and I had to cut the inside corner of the bumper where it rolls under. Heres a pic with the Bighorns
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.