Why Waste Money On Stage 1's? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why Waste Money On Stage 1's?

Ok I have a 97 F250 stroker, has almost 195k miles. Long story not so short , my truck was running kind of poorly RPM's wouldnt wrapped out as fast as they should. Did a contribution test, Pulled codes and have P0266 and P0275. Did a compression test on all 8 and they are all between 380 and 420, HPOP is putting out what it should and fuel pressure is 60psi at WOT...50psi under load. Leading me to believe its an injector issue. Im trying to get my truck running in top shape so I can start making power instead of stacking power on top of a sick motor. Being that my motor is nearing 200k and I am the 3rd owner of it, and not knowing what maintenance was kept up on it im sure there are nozzles, plungers and even barrels that are going to be replaced to whip these injectors back into shape in order for me to feel confident in doing the DIY stage 1 kit and hoping they run like they should. Now I can tear into these injectors and maybe get lucky and maybe only find 1 or 2 bad nozzles and such and have a good rebuild or I could run into more bad/worn parts than good parts and dumping a good amount of money.

So here I am looking at (brand new, not remans, but brand new) Alliant AA injectors for $232 a piece, that also have a 13month warranty. For close to 2grand and then another 500 for the DIY stage 1 kit i will have 160cc injectors and most importantly the piece of mind knowing I have brand new injectors that will give me no fuss. Stack a TW chip and im blown black smoke Or, I can just go with Alliant AC's which were used on the High-output T444E motors and already have 160cc and dont even have to tear into them.

So finally I get to my question.
1.Will the AC's turned up with the TW chip flow every bit of 160cc as the AA's with the stage 1 kit? Reason be is why waste money on AA's and have to tear into them when you could save the 500bucks for the kit and just go with AC's already rated at 160cc's.

link on what I am basing my numbers off of.

Pensacola Diesel Inc. - FORD POWERSTROKE :: INJECTORS 7.3L & 6.0L
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2008, 04:45 AM
Cynic

When I read "why waste money on stage 1's".. I thought cool, he's adding nozzles to make stage 2's! Then I read you want new injectors over DIY's.

New injectors are nice and all, but my vote will be for the DIY. Jim Rose is a good guy. He built my stage 3's and I've purchased a few spares to have laying around. His injectors work very well. I don't have a doubt in my mind about the quality or longevity of the rebuilds. If you really don't want to waste money, go with the DIY kit.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. New injectors yes. New stage 1's? No way...I am not shelling out $1200 or what ever it is a piece for high performance stage 1's. I am saying why not just buy brand new "stock" AC injectors that came in the High-output T444E engines? They already flow 160cc's and at $233 bucks a pop, I dont think you can beat that IMO if all a person wants is an injector compareable to a DIY stage 1 or any other high performance stage 1.

So my question was, are the AC injectors going to flow just as good as AA's with the stage 1 kit or vise versa with a tuned chip?
Old 05-19-2008, 01:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
not realy an answer to your question but they have new a/c's here for $1750. SPD 7.3L Ford Powerstroke Injectors

here are rebuilt a/c's for $175 each. Diesel Injectors - Ford Diesel Injectors - Powerstroke Injectors

the international part number is 1824456C96 if that helps you.

Last edited by rankroddin250; 05-19-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.