another guage question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
another guage question

ok so im kind of stuck in a rut right now. My plans where buying a boost 0-60 an electric fuel pressure guage and a pyro with a pod. That is just way to expensive right now 500 bones just in guages, the fuel pressure guage is about 200 bones. So im not sure what i should do right now, my buddy said i should still buy the 3 guage pod and just leave one empty and run pryo and boost for now. With my truck being a 5 speed i dont need a trans temp so the only guage i can think of that would be usefull is that fuel pressure guage. Now there is a chance, and yes a chance, that i may score a banks boost and egt guage for pennies on the dollar from a good friend of myne but with my luck it may not happen. Plus i dont think banks has a fuel pressure guage so idk. Lol sorry for the long post its been a long day and i need some light shed on this. Also anybody ever have a problem with trying to contact Farm boyz diesiel? Ive pm'd them, left a post in there folder, and called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker998md View Post
ok so im kind of stuck in a rut right now. My plans where buying a boost 0-60 an electric fuel pressure guage and a pyro with a pod. That is just way to expensive right now 500 bones just in guages, the fuel pressure guage is about 200 bones. So im not sure what i should do right now, my buddy said i should still buy the 3 guage pod and just leave one empty and run pryo and boost for now. With my truck being a 5 speed i dont need a trans temp so the only guage i can think of that would be usefull is that fuel pressure guage. Now there is a chance, and yes a chance, that i may score a banks boost and egt guage for pennies on the dollar from a good friend of myne but with my luck it may not happen. Plus i dont think banks has a fuel pressure guage so idk. Lol sorry for the long post its been a long day and i need some light shed on this. Also anybody ever have a problem with trying to contact Farm boyz diesiel? Ive pm'd them, left a post in there folder, and called.
I wouldn't worry about a fuel pressure gauge unless you plan on going with a different fuel system and/or bigger injectors. I would just stay with the pyro and boost gauges.

Last edited by dhanna6powerstroke; 05-16-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Unless you just have your heart set on having 3 gauges , maybe making it look like there is more going on than there really is I would just do that pyro and boost and stick with the auto lites. The banks gauges look cheesy in my opinion. If being able to monitor your fuel pressure is a consern to you just do what others have and mount a permanant guage under the hood coming off where the shrader valve is. That 200 bucks for just 1 gauge could sure be used more wisely IMO. Another 200 and you've got urself an exhaust
Old 05-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I personally think you can never have enough gauges and there is way more going on than most folks realize, heck the factory engine oil pressure gauge is just an idiot light disguised to look like a gauge to fool folks.
I got seven, 3 on the pillar and 4 over head. If it were me I’d get the 3 or 4 gauge pod and just put in the 2 for now until later when you are ready for more. I bet you could install some kinda caps or real cheap gauges to make it look right until then. So far I have on the side; pyro, boost, tranny temp. and in the over head, engine oil pressure, engine oil temp, fuel pressure, and tranny cooler line temp.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
give the guys at discount power parts a call or pm patrick. they'll be able to help you out
Old 05-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Patrick or Larry at DPP ( discount power parts )will definately hook you up. i have made 2 orders through them and have no regrets. their service is great!!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

After just one purchase I am now a loyal member of the Discount Power Parts following. The service when I called was second to none and the price was phenomenal. I have a ISSOPRO Pyrometer, and Boost gauge, along with a pod. I saw no reason right now to get more than that, though maybe in the future i will upgrade to more gauges, but right now with a stock truck those two are good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.