1995 F250 blow by - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 1995 F250 blow by

I have a 1995 F250 4x4 7.3 supercab I just bought it and it appears to have a good bit of blow by at 117,000 miles and has a oil leak at the dipstick flange which I am just going to put some epoxy on. I don't know if the blow by is just because the engine is still being broken in or if I am going to need new rings, also seems like I have a glow plug going out or a harness problem because when I start my truck up it misses a little on one cylinder and smokes a bit until it warms up then it completely goes away. I have the chance to trade for a 99 F350 crew cab 4x4 Dually with 317,000 miles that has little to almost no blow by starts up perfect and runs amazing, I have worked on it a few times being that it is my friends grandfathers and he needs a smaller truck that burns a little less diesel that will pull up to a 10,000 pound trailer in summer and my truck seems to be perfect for what he needs, just don't know what I should do I know my truck is going to run for many years to come regardless of the blow by, the miles on the F350 scare me a bit but I know the engine is fine just the rest of the truck that scares me. Any advice on what I should do is greatly appreciated thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
117k miles, might be a good time to do injector o-rings and cups/glow plugs, hows the coolant look/what color is it?

best bet honestly, is do a compression test on all 8 cylinders on both, yours and the 317k miles one, and see what cylinder(or cylinders) are the low ones on compression ant take it from there, it will give you and idea where to look on yours and idea on the condition of the 99s engine if you decide to trade

might get more responses in the obs 7.3 thread,
Old 07-15-2013, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews

I moved this because you posted it in the wrong section. This is where stuff for your year truck belongs.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would keep the one at 117k honestly, your smoke issue is need of glow plugs Kause they all smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
blow by, trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.