clutch issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
clutch issues

I have a 97 f250 7.3 powerstroke with a power programmer and exhaust. So i already know about the plastic clutch pedal bushings that go bad and mine is still a little loose but the slave cylinder by the trans is loose?? Is it supposed to be loose or what? does the clip that holds it on go bad?? I am having trouble getting it into gear and i am going to do the heim joint mod for the push rod. o and when the truck is at idle it makes a pretty bad knocking noise and when i push the clutch in it go's away is that the release bearing for the clutch? can that be part of the issues? I already blead the clutch but it did not help any thing. sorry for all the long questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

No, the slave should be tight against the flange on the tranny. Never heard of that clip failing, but it's always possible. Also look very closely around there; I have heard of that part of the tranny case breaking.

Either that, or your clutch fork is bent, and therefore there's no "tension" in the whole setup. This would also explain the noise. Release bearing out of place is another possibility.

Are you on the original clutch and dumb-mass.... er.... dual-mass flywheel?
Old 07-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
No, the slave should be tight against the flange on the tranny. Never heard of that clip failing, but it's always possible. Also look very closely around there; I have heard of that part of the tranny case breaking.

Either that, or your clutch fork is bent, and therefore there's no "tension" in the whole setup. This would also explain the noise. Release bearing out of place is another possibility.

Are you on the original clutch and dumb-mass.... er.... dual-mass flywheel?
a other guy told me it could be the dual mass flywheel coming apart :0 that is causing that noise. also nothing seems to be broken around where the slave cylinder nether the shift fork seems to be bent. I cloked the arm forward for the clutch pedal and it broke the dam clutch push rod idk what happened i tested every thing before i tightened every thing ind it got rid of all the play in the pedal. so i am buying a new slave/master cylinder and hopefully it fixes every thing. still got to check out the flywheel
Old 07-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yup, that's diesel_brad, veteran of many truck forums. Dual-mass flywheel check - remove the flywheel inspection cover and try to move the flywheel by hand. If it moves several degrees, the flywheel is about to let go. If it lets go while underway, esp. at high speed, the jettisoning parts can grenade through the tranny case.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Yup, that's diesel_brad, veteran of many truck forums. Dual-mass flywheel check - remove the flywheel inspection cover and try to move the flywheel by hand. If it moves several degrees, the flywheel is about to let go. If it lets go while underway, esp. at high speed, the jettisoning parts can grenade through the tranny case.
OK so i took off the inspection cover and nuthing moved at all!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It would be must help you to remove it as you will must feel the difference while you are driving it up to the mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.