Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

AC blower motor need to be on in ACC

672 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jimhuntertx 
#1 ·
Sorry I posted this in the exterior forum, Mod can you delete if I can't figure out how.

I had a Viper remote start installed and it seems to only power accessories fuses and not Run fuses. The AC Compressor is on an ACC fuse and the blowers is on a run fuse. Did my dealer install it incorrectly, or do I need to relocate the blower fuse to the ACC position.
I need the Ac to run while the truck idles to keep my husky cool if we stoop for dinner while on the road. Up until the viper install I just locked to key on the truck and figured no one would mess with that big of dog sitting in the drivers seat. Now that I have remote start I'd like to be able to take the key out. If anyone has this setup let me know how yours works. Thanks

#2 ·
Depending on which Viper alarm you have it may have a additional output that could be used to drive the ac system. I would take it to a reputable shop that puts alot of those alarms in and explain to them what you want. I used to do alarm installs and have ran into that problem before. Like I said a reputable shop should be able to do it for under 100.00.

jim:nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.