Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Remote Oil Bypass Filter

743 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Airstreamer67 
#1 ·
Been doing a lot of reading and scouring the internets to try and find a decently priced dual filter set up but it looks like im going to have to build one to not have to pay $300 some odd dollars...

I found this great link that shows a breakdown of how to install the lines into the block via capped of oil passages. Found it interesting, thought someone else might find it useful!

What im thinking for me is a nappa base, either dual or x2 singles, and possibly a small oil cooler, and some filters, gonna see if i can get a 3 micron and a 1 micron...

http://www.nucmotorsports.com/pdf/7.3 Instructions.pdf

enjoy!

#2 ·
This looks like a great oil bypass and secondary fine-filtering setup.

However, the problem I have is the long oil-change interval they recommend.

I am under the impression that our HEUI fuel system is very hard on the oil by shearing its molecules. Our oil serves not only to lubricate the engine bearings etc, but also serves as hydraulic oil by being pumped to very high pressures to activate the fuel system.

Oil that is kept fresh by changing it at the factory recommended interval will provide the properties to keep our fuel system happy. I'm not so sure that superfiltered oil will do the same when it has been sheared by the HEUI system for 15000 miles or more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.