Are the fuel tanks properly vented from the factory ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 06-04-2013, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are the fuel tanks properly vented from the factory ?

Every time I fill up, it seems I have to trickle the fuel in to get full tanks.

You can forget about a semi fill station will the high speed, big arse nozzels.

I remember a while back (before I owned my truck) I noticed a guy with an OBS, with both drivers side wheels parked on ramps while fueling.

My '06 UtiltyBody F-350 had similar tendencies.

Wondering if there is a fix for this ??

John

2002 F-250, CCSB, 4" Exhaust, Stock otherwise

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-04-2013, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
There are some fixes for this (with varying degrees of success) in the forums. Maybe search on Fast Fill Mod or something like that. Do plenty of research before you start hacking things up! Tranfer Flow used to sell aftermarket filler necks to take care of the issue, but they are/were pretty pricey. You also could give Dale Isley @ Tymar a call as he used to sell a kit to help with the issue. There are plenty of folks that throw a couple of 4x4 chunks in the bed to drive up on when filling. Cheers!

1997 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, External Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD - 1994 F350 CC DRW 2WD PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, DPPI DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer Overhead Console, A-Pillar w/ISSPRO Black Ice, EV Boost, and EV Pyro, Modified Pedestal, Gutted EBPV.
post #3 of 14 Old 06-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Ive never had that issue, When the nozzle stops my tank is full. I can't even add more if i wanted too. But that seems to happen on my rear tank. My front tank is new. The rear tanks is from the factory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
5" MBRP Straight Exhaust w/ 6" tip, SCT Monitored, Limo Tints, 20" LED Lightbar, 8k HIDS, & Some other goodies

Other Rides
1978 Trans Am Y88 403 84k original miles
1996 Ford F350 PSD Mason Dump 134k Original Miles!
Gone But Not Forgotten... (Lilah) 2008 Ford F250 Lariat CrewCab
Proud To Be An American!

post #4 of 14 Old 06-04-2013, 08:22 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You need the filler necks from a cab & chassis model, although on my dads cab & chassis he drives on 6x6 wedges to keep it from spitting the fuel back out he can pump so easily, my dually I have zero issues it's amazing, but the f250 I got you have to have the pump at the perfect angle, the perfect depth in the filler neck

-Kris-
2000 excursion V10 2wd 230k
2000 Excursion 7.3 4x4 246k
1995 CCLB DRW 324K
2001 CCLB DRW 319K
Dp tuner infinity, exhaust, intake, chipped, tricked, and wrecked

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine5811
The stock downpipe in an OBS is flat because I'm a ginger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3
Finding a decent woman is like shopping for a used truck. You spend most of your time picking through the money pits, wrecks, and basket cases until you find one that you can tolerate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH
Well at least you caught the loose bolts before they cause any damage. Nothing worse than a sloppy hole
post #5 of 14 Old 06-04-2013, 08:22 AM

I have the same issue. You can also hold the pump sideways.

Gerry

'97 CCSB f-250 4x4 auto, 6pos chip w/ canned tunes, AFE intake, 4 in exhaust, 3in dp, 3.55 gears,
Dana 60 rebuilt and waiting to be installed
post #6 of 14 Old 06-04-2013, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

I know about different pump nozzle positions.

On the '06 ... pump #14 at this Valero station, with the nozzle upside down ... was golden !!

I will search, then check it out once I pull the bed off for a chassis detail...

I'm sure I will come up with something ....

John

post #7 of 14 Old 06-04-2013, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Have this trouble with my f250 both tanks have been replaced I think my issue is the sleeves inside filler neck got twisted putting it back together

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

94 F-250 reg cab 4x4 5spd 7.3 stroke. 3inch downpipe, 4 in exhaust. super duty turbo with 1.0 non wastegated exhaust housing ww2 and 360 thrust kit. Intercooler, MB diesel hpop, driven diesel complete efuel, 6637 air filter, kingpin dana 60.

09 F150 Lariat crew cab 5.4L v8

post #8 of 14 Old 06-04-2013, 12:33 PM

Look up something called the Hutch Mod. Essentially you drop the tank to gut the vent on top of the tank. Over time the vent gets clogged with dirt/bugs/junk and the air in the tank cant bleed as fast as the incoming fuel. The increased vapor pressure in the tank is what shuts the pump off.

'95 F-250HD
ZF 5-Speed 13'' clutch w/ SMF conversion
B&W Gooseneck
Custom Spare Tire Mount

post #9 of 14 Old 06-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Undead Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
On my cab & chassis Superduty, it fills poorly also. Maybe because it was a Cali model? Friggin' infuriating.

~Bruce~
'95 F250 4x4 ECLB 295k - ZF5, Southbend, 4.10, van pedestal, EBPV & CCV delete, 1.0 ex housing, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, BFAF, 140v IDM, MagHytec diff cover, HD front springs, 16x8 alloys
'95 F-Superduty 4x2 CM 12' Flatbed 47k - E4OD, 5.13, Banks intercooler, van pedestal, EBPV & CCV delete, 1.0 ex housing, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, BFAF, PHP tunes, 6.0 fan, 140v IDM, TruCool, MagHytec diff/pan, Dieselsite external trans filter, Autometer gauges, 180w LED light bar
post #10 of 14 Old 06-05-2013, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipe View Post
Maybe because it was a Cali model ......
Hey, you watch your mouth !!

John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode