Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

cps recall???

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  taylorking 
#1 ·
I just read (Big Bird) about the idiot....but more interestingly to me was the notion of a cps recall--Is there something I should know?

#2 ·
Yes, there is a recall that was released a couple of months ago. I believe you can check online if you qualify or just call your local Ford dealership. It is for certain years I believe, so best bet would be to call.:thumb:

#5 ·
97-2003 7.3's.

but i dont know that if covers everybodys trucks in those years. (not entirely sure on that).

its most trucks between 97-2003 is the way i understood it. you should be getting a notice in the mail from ford.

there is also a website online where you can put in your VIN number, and it will tell you whether your truck is involved in the recall. dont remember the site tho.

maybe someone else can chime in with the web site address

#11 ·
i dont know man. My best guess would be that they had the most reports of problems with the 97-2003 trucks, thats why they made it for those years. Maybe someone knows the exact reason:dunno:, but thats my best guess

At least the CPS's are cheap now, which is a big help for thsoe of you that own pre-97 trucks:thumb:

#8 ·
I guess they have to save money somewhere? No, seriously there was a design change on the engine management electronics in 97.

#12 ·
just a new sensor.They have changed/updated the CPS. There just putting in the current new one thats now for sale from FORD.

I'd just go buy one yourself and put it in. There pretty cheap now. I think there down to like $27. Its not hard, an theres a write up on here somewhere on how to do it.

#13 ·
rumor has it that the cps for the international t444e (which has a blue top) is a much better piece than the ford ones were. If that is true then it stands to reason that you could just go down to your local International dealer and pick one up for your truck.

#20 ·
I stopped by my international dealer and got one from them. The guy said that they were first black then went to blue and now they are grey colored. I'm gonna install it this weekend. They were about 10 bucks cheaper then ford.

#14 ·
This recall is for diesel engines as I understand it. From 97 up to ? Anyway you can buy them online cheap and just carry a spare. Easy on the road repair.

#15 ·
97-2003. But not every 7.3l in those years.

you might as well just by one at the ford dealership man. There down to like $27

#19 ·
Brother, if it aint broke don`t fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.