so I took my truck in for the cps recall. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Page, AZ
Posts: 517
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so I took my truck in for the cps recall.

Yesterday I took my truck in for the cps recall, and everything went fine until I went to sign the papers and leave. The Service Manager pulled me aside and informed me that they were going to nullify my warranty because of the modified air filter. It was at this point that I looked at him and asked if he really thought there was a warranty on a 11 year old truck with 162k miles on the truck. He gave me the most confused look I think I have ever seen, and proceeded to apologize for not thinking about the age or miles on the truck. I just thought this was funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Jon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ha

Thats awesome! Whats even better then that is the tech that did the recall would even say anything about it. But as in many dealers anybody can do the recall and usually its a quick service guy that does it. Still funny though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 2,026
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what's even better is that there are stupid people wherever you go!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM
I have excessive flatulance!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Abbeville, LA
Posts: 1,273
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Yesterday I took my truck in for the cps recall, and everything went fine until I went to sign the papers and leave. The Service Manager pulled me aside and informed me that they were going to nullify my warranty because of the modified air filter. It was at this point that I looked at him and asked if he really thought there was a warranty on a 11 year old truck with 162k miles on the truck. He gave me the most confused look I think I have ever seen, and proceeded to apologize for not thinking about the age or miles on the truck. I just thought this was funny.
My question is... Why is that service manager a idiot? I mean if your truck was still under warrenty and he would of said that to you would you have gone back to that dealership? He would of lost a costumer... What an idiot...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 03-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: murfreesboro TN.
Posts: 885
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that idiot, he doesn't have the power to nullify the warranty even if you had a new truck. LOL, svc managers crack me up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I have excessive flatulance!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Abbeville, LA
Posts: 1,273
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikktruk01 View Post
that idiot, he doesn't have the power to nullify the warranty even if you had a new truck. LOL, svc managers crack me up
In a way he dose once you nofiy the warrenty clurk... It all boils down to the tech though... We have the say so if its warrenty are not if the was not defective we don't have to replace it under warrenty...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 03-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Jon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Yep

If we dont say nothing, nobody has to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 03-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: murfreesboro TN.
Posts: 885
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
your FTS or ford rep has the power to decide . not your svc manager or warranty clerk. I've worked in dealerships for 21 yrs and have seen alot of cases like this, even if you have aftermarket parts on a vehicle that's under warranty. unless the tech can prove the non oem part caused the failure of another part or system the dealer is forced to repair the vehicle under warranty. I have seen svc managers try this bully tactic with customers and they're usually not around for very long, especially after the customer contacts their manufacturers 1-800 customer service line. but then again most customers have never opened their owners manual much less seen the toll free number in the back of it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 03-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: murfreesboro TN.
Posts: 885
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Nick View Post
In a way he dose once you nofiy the warrenty clurk... It all boils down to the tech though... We have the say so if its warrenty are not if the was not defective we don't have to replace it under warrenty...
Google, Magnuson-moss warranty act. if your a tech in a dealership you need to read this and possibly pass along to your svc. manager
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 03-08-2008, 03:17 PM
I have excessive flatulance!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Abbeville, LA
Posts: 1,273
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikktruk01 View Post
your FTS or ford rep has the power to decide . not your svc manager or warranty clerk. I've worked in dealerships for 21 yrs and have seen alot of cases like this, even if you have aftermarket parts on a vehicle that's under warranty. unless the tech can prove the non oem part caused the failure of another part or system the dealer is forced to repair the vehicle under warranty. I have seen svc managers try this bully tactic with customers and they're usually not around for very long, especially after the customer contacts their manufacturers 1-800 customer service line. but then again most customers have never opened their owners manual much less seen the toll free number in the back of it
like I said b4 it boils down to the tech...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors