question about my new 97 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
question about my new 97

A friend of mine who works at a Ford dealer did a major service on my 97 with 48k miles- new fluid in diffs, tranny, transfer case, coolant, power steering flush, cps recall and Rotella oil- after the fact he told me it had a dual Amsoil filter set-up but one of the lines was leaking and it didnt accept the Ford filters so he took it off and i have it. I am not interested in extended drains and with my Cummins always used Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme Synthetic with 7500 mile intervals. Should I put it back on at the next change and get the replacement filters or just use the single stock type filter with more frequent changes. Also i want a small reliability mod I was thinking a good turbo back exhaust and a better intake- I will tow light loads occasionaly- any experiences and suggestions would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 03:24 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
Most popular mod setup here is AFE Stage 2 intake (Sposed to be THE BEST INTAKE) and the DIY Intake, and then a turbo back SS or aluminum(cheaper but still badazz).Stealth auto or FBD got good deals. If you dont wanna deal with the hassle then you dont have to put all that dual filter setup crap back on. I have no experience with it but change oil every 5-7K and you ll be on the road to a million miles before you know it.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:50 PM

A 97 with 47,00 miles? I would love to see a pic of it!!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 4everlearning
I 100 percent agree with looie.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:08 AM
Shaking the Bush Boss

47000 miles ? wow!
Definatly let the engine breath better by doing the DYI intake and 3" dp to 4" exhaust. With changing the exhaust, adding gauges is a must. FPR shim is a quick,easy and cheap mod.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a 97 F-350 with 144,000. as far as the filter setup goes I have used Amsoil single filter and 15-40 oil in this truck for about a year now and love the stuff. dad has used the dual filter setup in all his diesel's for a many years and wont use any thing else he drives a 97 F-250 and has used that setup from day one and has almost 300,000 mi on it and has not did any major thing to it he changes the oil every year or 25,000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.