Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

finished my ball joints and...

728 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Marty 
#1 ·
well i finished my upper and lower ball joints and MAN they were a PITA. On saturday night i had to use my torch and heat the knuckle and beat it with a sledge hammer to get the spindle out after an hour of just beating it wouldnt make it budge. Then by the time i finished that side i was pooped so then on sunday night i was working on it and didnt have access to my torch so i had to plamsa cut the top ball joint off because that spindle was NOT moving at all with a 20lb sledge. but in the long run it was a good experince but now when i took my truck in to get inspected they said the wheel bearings where bad in it and when i cleaned them up and repaced them they looked fine:dunno: so ill be in search of a diffrent inspection shop cuz i think they feed me a bunch of bull.

#3 ·
home is snow hill MD, but im stationed in cherry point NC. Im tagging it in NC because i dont want to buy two years of tags because in about five months im deploying to japan. when i get back from that ill be tagging it back in MD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.