Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

warn premium hubs

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Big K 
#1 ·
Is there anybody out there running Warn Premium lock out hubs? I have a 1997 f350 psd crew and need to do a front brake job so i mite as well replace the lock out hubs. Does any body have a part number and \ or a hook for a good deal? thanks

#2 ·
Warn Premiums go for about $130 at NAPA...why replace the ones you have if there's nothing wrong w/em? There isn't a whole lot that goes wrong with the hubs.

#3 ·
if there automatics..........through em away!!!! i have already stripped 2 of em!!!they are pieces of sh!t....in a way.....but they are supossed to be the week point so i guess i would rather break that than an axle shaft..... and yes im talking from expirience. even though i cant spell...any way i hooked a chain between my truck and a 3/4 ton chev (which i had pulled bfore)and as soon as we took off all i heard was a loud crack and it hopped twice and then the rear tires spun... it made me look bad:( but its ok cuz im going to fix it and then i will drag his a$$ backwards.....again! sorry about the novel.

#5 ·
oh yeah they're nice for light work but as soon as u put any stress to em, they'll go!
p.s. i am talking about the automatics. the manuals are strong but it is kinda a hassel to get out everytime u put it in 4 wheel.

#8 ·
Ive got the Warn but am switching to Selctro's when I do my brakes. I am sure some one will come up and say they are garbage but on some gov't rigs Ive driven there have been no problems. My truck is so long its not like I can go very far with it anyways, I just sit, drink beer and winch people out.

#10 ·
you shouldnt have any problems. i have only blown out one set of warn louckouts and that was on my susuki samuria(toyota motor, dana 44rear axle, dana 30 front both with 5.38 gears, jeep springs, toyota power steering, custom dash with all autometer gauges, and a custom 8 point roll cage) i split the louckout roght down the middle. it look like i had taken a chop saw and cut them in half. but i was on it pretty hard and they were kinda old. but i still got brand new ones 4 free lol. theres always a way around the system lol

#12 ·
Glad I found this thread...friend of mine ( feightliner ) just bought a 95 f350 cc srw. We're tring to fix some small things and also working on weak links in the truck. I had said something to him about changing the auto hubs to manual hubs, and now I ran across this thread, and it seems we're all of the same opinion...AUTOMATIC HUBS SUCK!

#14 ·
I have warn Manual hubs also. They are great, the engae almost efortlessly. I also found the best price at Napa, even before my disount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.