Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HPOP PROBLEM?

887 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tikal 
#1 ·
Ok this topic pertains to my 95 model. The past three nights I have plugged my truck in so it would start easier in the morning. However, when I go to start it it will run for about 5-30 seconds and then die. Well we determined that the HPOP was low and each morning I would have to put oil in it.

This is the first time I have plugged the truck in and the first time I have had to put oil in the HPOP to get the truck to run. The oil level on the dipstick is right where it needs to be.

Is it possible by plugging the truck in at night it kept the oil warm enough to keep it thin therefore bleeding off the HPOP?

I didn't plug it in lastnight but I wasn't there to start it this morning, if dad calls me and lets me know if it ran or not I will post about it.

Thanks if anyone has input on this!

#2 ·
:dunno: Anybody?

#3 ·
I don't have a clue. Is the truck completely stock? Hopefully a tech will chime in and getcha headed in the right direction

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.