Gauge decision - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gauge decision

I am looking at getting gauges for my 97 cclb auto trans and I am having a hard time deciding what gauges to get. I only want a triple pod and I know I want to use an aeroforce interceptor. With this gauge and all that it can do what other gauges do I need (pyro, trans, boost). In other words what gauge of those three can i get rid of and still have the most accurate readings.Future mods 3dp 4" straight, d66, t500 and in the long haul stag 2.

I am planning on doing the e fuel upgrade so I would like to add fuel pressure to the aeroforce do I need to something else with this gauge to read this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM
BANNED by Kris

Since the interceptor gauge only sees what the PCM sees then of the standard three gauges I would vote to not buy the Boost gauge (MAP sensor sends that signal to the PCM for which the Interceptor would see it also). The trans temp sending unit is slow and can be way off. In general the PCM only needs it to report if the tranny gets to 280*. The EGT gauge and Tranny temp gauge should come with there own sending units designed to work with that gauge.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:39 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have an aero force, I would suggest boost and pyro with it, the PCM does read boost but your future plans are going to have your over boosting and the scan gauge will no longer read it correctly, and you should easily hit high psi numbers so I suggest either 0-60 or 0-100 psi boost gauge
Old 04-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
I have an aero force, I would suggest boost and pyro with it, the PCM does read boost but your future plans are going to have your over boosting and the scan gauge will no longer read it correctly, and you should easily hit high psi numbers so I suggest either 0-60 or 0-100 psi boost gauge
I agree, I have an aero force and purchased the additional sensors for boost and pyro and have been very happy with it. I don't run any other gauges. When I tow, I have mine set up to alert me with the red lights if my trans temp gets too hot. Otherwise, I just watch my egt and boost. Also helps on warm up in the winter as I can monitor the oil temperature to make sure she's ready for driving.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am a little confused. Are you guys saying just buy the aeroforce interceptor and then buy the aeroforce egt probe and pyro kit or buy the aeroforce and then buy issopro ev2 boost and trans gauge?

I just want to buy once and try to keep the costs as low as I can but still have 3 gauges that will run everything I need now and for future mods. Thanks for input.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:37 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
buy the aero force, and get your choice of boost and pyro other than the add on connectors for the aero force, my 97 has all regular gauges, and no aero force, my 95 has the aero force, and its neat and all but I like the 4 gsauges on my pillar
Old 04-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowllivin View Post
I am a little confused. Are you guys saying just buy the aeroforce interceptor and then buy the aeroforce egt probe and pyro kit or buy the aeroforce and then buy issopro ev2 boost and trans gauge?

I just want to buy once and try to keep the costs as low as I can but still have 3 gauges that will run everything I need now and for future mods. Thanks for input.
I only have the aeroforce interceptor and no other gauges. If you want to go this route, you will need to buy the egt probe and boost kit from aeroforce as well. This will allow you to see both inputs on the gauge at the same time. Then, I have the gauge set up to alert me if my trans temp gets too hot. That happens with the red led lights on the gauge.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:16 PM
BANNED by Kris

Sorry fowllivin, I figured the aeroforce displayed boost like the edge does. Off the MAP sensor.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's fine, I have no idea either new to the diesel world
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.