Intro thread, Got my first truck and it had to be an OBS! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Intro thread, Got my first truck and it had to be an OBS!

Hello everyone, The names Dean. Just picked up my first truck and "kinda" got what I wanted, almost a "so close, but so far situation" The truck is a late 94 350 2wd non turbo. I wanted a factory turbo truck, but all the ones I found were beat to ****. I paid 2500 for her and she runs like a champ but just doesn't have the power I want. I mod everything I get so I thought it would be a no brainer to just turbo the truck using factory psd stuff. It seems as tho I am mistaken and given the compression ratio it would be pointless to boost this motor.

Then the 2nd and 3rd problem. The truck is an xl which doesn't have any of the features Id like (chrome bumpers, cruise, power, cloth seats etc) so being that the body is mint and mint cclb psd trucks around here go for near 10k around here, should I find a wrecked truck and strip it? how hard would wiring the motor be seeing that turbocharging was an option? Also being a 2wd a d60 swap is on the list Im just getting conflicting info on if the frame is drilled for the mounts or not.Im open to suggestions, Thanks for your time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

nice find.

IIRC the front of the frames on the 2wd's are not boxed like the 4x's are.

the 7.3 PS is a completely different motor than the IDI. you are better off finding a turbo for your motor.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Turbo and injector pump, IDI's will run too
Old 04-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I guess ill do more research on boosting the idi. Ford man could you take a pic of your interior I need to decide what seat combo to go with. Im too tall for the bench seats and all this sliding around is pissing me off.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
look in the interior section, he has bronco buckets and 04-08 shift console

but if you find a wrecked psd your gonna need every single wire from it aside from headlights lol, you can turbo that motor, but not from a psd, totally different animal all together, nice looking rig tho, and as far as making it 4wd the frame is not boxed like a 4x4, and the cross member up front is not drilled for the trac bar mount, or up top to bolt in a d50, easiest option is use a dana 44 from an f-150/bronco and use heavy duty dana 44 hubs from an early 80's f-250, obs d60 wont be cheap or easy to find
Old 04-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
look in the interior section, he has bronco buckets and 04-08 shift console

but if you find a wrecked psd your gonna need every single wire from it aside from headlights lol, you can turbo that motor, but not from a psd, totally different animal all together, nice looking rig tho, and as far as making it 4wd the frame is not boxed like a 4x4, and the cross member up front is not drilled for the trac bar mount, or up top to bolt in a d50, easiest option is use a dana 44 from an f-150/bronco and use heavy duty dana 44 hubs from an early 80's f-250, obs d60 wont be cheap or easy to find
Update I just passed a scsb psd at an abandoned house, Im gonna go by there tomorrow and see what the deal is. Couldn't tell if it was a 250 or 350 tho.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 PM

if its a short bed its a 250, they didn't have short bed 350's till 99
Old 04-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
if its a short bed its a 250, they didn't have short bed 350's till 99
Ah well that sucks. If I can get it cheap I will, but Crew cab was something I had to have.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:44 PM

it will have the correct everything your going to need, aside from a solid front axel if it is in fact a 4x4, but while your doing your motor swap to a psd would be a perfect time to drill the holes your going to need or swap in a 3rd member for your 4x4
Old 04-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Nice find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.