My lovely expierence (breakdown) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My lovely expierence (breakdown)

So two days ago I was on a local highway (rt 8) and this older impala I think it was (it was at night) drove next to my side and wanted to race. So I figured what the hell... click click click (ts chip) and we went. Obviosuly, I'm not driving a H&S tuned 6.4 so he won. Well I got up next to him, waved, and got off at my exit. Im driving through town going to a buddies house and heard something like metal clinking under the hood. This sound is familiar to me because my power steering pulley bracket it cracked, making the belt ride the side, snap and hit my hood. Well I had a pair of vise grips over the crack, holding the pulley back, they came off. The belt always goes in the fan, so I pulled over in a dunkn donuts to pull it out. Saw red fluid all over the ground and figured power steering fluid. I found the leak on a hose and traced it up to my trans cooler. Transmission fluid. COLORFULL WORDS came out of my mouth. The belt snapped partially went around, and cut into my hose. A buddy of mine saw me, pulled over, and took me to Oreillys up the street for some new hose. Its 9:45pm they close at 10pm. I got it, went back started putting it in, the buddy that I was going to his house saw me and pulled over with a truck full of people. Party in dunkn donuts. I keep working. ANOTHER buddy, hank, happens to be manager of a local Advance auto saw me and stoped in his built 550hp duster, laying rubber of course. Well while everyone is having a great time Im still pissed, they start having fun with 3 m80s. REAL SMART. In the middle of town. Well Hank asked if I needed trans fluid, I didnt think of that while I was at Oreillys. Checked the dipstick, NOTHING. We went up to advance, now about 10:20pm, he opened the store for me and threw me a case (3 gallons, 12 quarts) of fluid and said dont worry about the cost. Free! 1 quart is $6.50 there. Go back, fill her up and leave. If I didnt stop, by the time I made it to my buddys, my trans would have been cooked! NOTE TO SELF- I AM NOT A HOPPED UP 6.4!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You should also note that you have vice grips holding important engine components together, suks you had to fix it again but lucky you know most everyone in town
Old 04-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I live in a suburb with about 12,000 and hate most of these arrogant ou know whats but there is a select few of good people out here and they dont stay in their caves all night lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advance, breakdown, fluid, oreilys, transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.