LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-01-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 97bluestroker
ats differential covers/ tranny pans

anyone have ats differential covers and/or transmission pans? i want to get them but don't know if it really makes a difference...??

'97 F250 HD PSD, 4x4, Auto, Ext Cab, LB, 4" Lift, Tint, 80/120 hp DP Tuner, Straight Piped, AFE Stage 2 Air Intake w/ Pro-Guard 7, Aftermarket Intercooler, SpecRite Dual Disk Torque Converter, Pumped Up Tranny w/ Transgo Kit, MagHytec Deep Tranny Pan, Pyro, Boost and Tranny Temp Autometer Gauges, Pro Comp Adjustable Shocks, 305/70/16 BFG Mud Terrains on Weld Rims, Spray on Bedliner, Flip Down DVD Player
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Premium Member

they both add a little volume to your capacity and help to keep the fluid cooler, but none of them are cheap

2006 F-250 ExtCab SB 4x4 6.0, recon white lightning, ARP head studs, SCT touch Xtreme and soon to come Complete EGR delet y pipe and all
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wifes - 2005 Liberty w/ 2.8l diesel!
Daily Driver - 2006 VW Jetta TDI manual
Sold - 97 7.3 235k fun miles & 93 5.9 with only 84k
post #3 of 5 Old 02-01-2008, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to 97bluestroker
ya i know they have the capacity to add more fluids... seems like i've just always have had tranny problems with my truck. just had it redone in november so maybe the tranny one would be a good choice... plus they look cool

'97 F250 HD PSD, 4x4, Auto, Ext Cab, LB, 4" Lift, Tint, 80/120 hp DP Tuner, Straight Piped, AFE Stage 2 Air Intake w/ Pro-Guard 7, Aftermarket Intercooler, SpecRite Dual Disk Torque Converter, Pumped Up Tranny w/ Transgo Kit, MagHytec Deep Tranny Pan, Pyro, Boost and Tranny Temp Autometer Gauges, Pro Comp Adjustable Shocks, 305/70/16 BFG Mud Terrains on Weld Rims, Spray on Bedliner, Flip Down DVD Player
post #4 of 5 Old 02-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Banned

For the transmission your money would be better spent on upgrading your current cooler or an add on cooler to increase the cooling efficiency. The larger pan with cooling fins helps but will not give as much benefit as a cooler that cost 1/3 as much let alone the additional cost for extra fluid.

The differential covers help but again there are cheaper options that are just as effective. Unless you really want a cool dipstick and drain plug in the cover, the aluminum cover that is standard equipment on the 08 trucks can be had for less than $40. Even if you go fancy with SS bolts and such it will still cost less than $60. The aluminum cover has fins to help with cooling and the aluminum itself disipates heat faster than the stamped steel cover. It won't add any more capacity but unless you do extremely heavy towing on a regular basis that extra capacity doesn't do anything for you but cost an extra $25 to fill.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-01-2008, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
check out yourcovers.com i have their tranny pans and diff covers on both of my trucks. i made the switch to amsoil when i changed them out just for my own peace of mind and i dont plan on selling either of my trucks is why i did the switch.

1996 F250 SC/LB, 4x4 PSD, ATS stage 1 trans 5 star tcc, AC codes,TW tunes, magnaflow 4" exhaust, 6637 , FS 2500 bypass oil filter,pure power reusable oil filter, isspro gauges, dieselsite cpr fuel pump system, adrenaline hpop, pml rear diff cover ,ebpv delete,non epbv pedestal, king pin dana 60, swamps idm, tru cool 4739
USMC 1993-1998
Plumbers & Pipefitters L.U.447
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode