Looking To Buy - Input Needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 04:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking To Buy - Input Needed

Hey guys i recently sold my 2003 7.3 because I got an offer I simply couldn't turn down. With selling it I am looking to get back into a 7.3 with 4 wheel drive and a manual for as little as possible. I am not real concerned about looks, just want the great 7.3 in it.

I came across this and I am going to take a look at it tonight
96 f-250 4x4

Wanting your thoughts on it. The guy said it has been sitting for 6 months but ran great when he parked it last. Said it needs new batteries. He bought it to put a plow on but never did and now he just wants to get rid of it. Anything in particular to look for. Plan on taking a couple of batteries with me and doing the usual checks. Just looking for some ideas on what to look at. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 AM

First thing that jumped out to me was the ad said "hand crank windows and locks", the pic shows power. Seems odd to me.
Any idea on mileage?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 AM

Haha never even noticed that

It has 170,000 miles on it
Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 AM
Serving Our Country!

the ad seems a little sketchy to me. It asks for 2800 bucks and on the windshield says 3800 OBO, there are no hand cranks and like he said. Now if you can get around the fishiness of the ad, call the fella and go look at this truck, if it runs like the ad says, I would offer as low an offer as possible, but I would walk away with that thing in a heartbeat for 2800 bucks! As a matter of fact if I lived near St Charles, I would go look at that thing myself!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:03 AM

Yeah i know what you mean. I talked to him last night and he just wants to get rid of the thing, said he has no use for it. On the price he said he originally wanted $3800 but dropped the price a couple of days ago to help to sell it quicker. He said the transmission shifts smooth, it has a clear title, and he seems pretty motivated to move it. I am thinking if i can get it running with new batteries in it I will offer him $2000
Old 04-02-2013, 05:05 AM

Any idea of why it was parked that long?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-02-2013, 05:28 AM

He said he bought it to put a snow plow on it but ended up trading the snow plow for something else. Said he already has a different truck so there was no reason to drive the 7.3
Old 04-02-2013, 05:52 AM
Serving Our Country!

You just might be able to get a steal with this thing...obviously you want to see it running, I would talk to some buddies and borrow a couple batteries, and go down there and see how it cranks up for the first time in a long time. Or has he had it running recently? Somebody is going to jump on this thing within the next few days, if you are seriously interested, I would get some batteries over there and crank it up if the seller doesnt have the resources to do it.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 AM

Yeah thats exactly what i am thinking too! I am going to get my tools loaded up and a couple of batteries and meet him as soon as he gets off of work. I am really excited for this truck, I think we are going to get a great cheap for a great deal.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmr22 View Post
Yeah thats exactly what i am thinking too! I am going to get my tools loaded up and a couple of batteries and meet him as soon as he gets off of work. I am really excited for this truck, I think we are going to get a great cheap for a great deal.
Just don't get your hopes too high now, wouldn't want to see ya heartbroken Keep us posted dude! I want to hear about this truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.