Join Date: Mar 2013
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Coolant in the valley!
So i have been chasing a Coolant leak, I suspected the water pump, or hoses, worst case i was afraid of it being the oil cooler. Yesterday i washed the engine and let it sit. Today I put on the pressure tester and watched it drip down under the front of the engine on the drivers side. As i traced the leak upwards i found it was coming around the HPOP cover and there was coolant in the valley.
A couple things i know
- There is no coolant in the oil
- It is a slow leak under normal operations
- The engine does not have 25K miles on a re-build, a bad plug of some sort? freeze or otherwise
- This truck has never been a daily driver, and gets occasional use for hunting and fishing and such
- The rig is a 94.5 with the manual tranny
So my question, has anyone had similar issues? Is it possible that the i have a leak in the timing cover? Any help would be great