OBS Edge Insight Parameters- FYI - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 08:59 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation OBS Edge Insight Parameters- FYI

Hi all,

Before I bought and installed my insight CTS I looked around on the site and saw there were a lot of questions about how it worked and what stuff it would read off our older trucks. Here's what I've learned from my truck-97 manual. I know that 98+ SD trucks may be different, but this is for obs folks. I assume all this is the same for the Insight CS.

I Apologise for the long post.

1. In order to read boost accurately, you need to purchase a seperate pressure sensor. Seems straight forward, except in order to add the seperate sensor, you have to by the pyro cable with their EAS starter kit. This allows you to add more sensors. Then you have to buy the sensor input addapter, then finally the new pressure sensor. So, when they say that it will read boost pressure on the 1996+ trucks, just be aware that it takes some additions. If you go with their stuff, that can mean an extra $3-400! Once It's in it works great...

2. I cannot get accurate MPG on this thing. I'm in the high teens and this thing say I'm getting 4.4! If anyone has figured this out let me know.

3. No manual transmission temp. It gives a reading of 181 and stays there. I've read that it does read auto trans temps fine (?). You can add a temp sensor which runs about $40 and if you've already added the sensor input cable, you can just plug it in.

4. Reads engine temp, intake air temp, rpm, voltage, Ebp I think, accurately.

All in all, it's gonna be more expensive than decent analog gauges, but it is a nice, well made, all in one display.

Hope this helps folks thinking about getting one.

Last edited by 97stick; 03-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'd bet that your mileage problem is due to the fact that our trucks bypass and return fuel to the tank. Unless the computer takes that into account the readings will be off. The way that a lot of the computers work is they figure the amount of fuel flow and calculate your millage based on the number of pluses the computer sees from the VSS or another speed sensor.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

OBS Edge Insight Parameters- FYI

It will still read boost without that stuff. It'll just read it through the computer and it won't be as accurate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Don't forget about icp and ipr duty cycle. Reads that too. I like my CS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
edge insight cts, gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.