Reed P's F350 CCLB...finally have my truck! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reed P's F350 CCLB...finally have my truck!

Here is my new toy, I have wanted one since 1996 and finally found one in my price range that I could work with!

It does not look like much, but I am excited to have it in my garage! Since buying it 2 weeks ago I have spent a little time getting everything checked out and myself more familiar with it.

So far I have removed a bunch of the PO's mods, got some new wheels and tires, serviced the fluids/filters and started my own little list of upgrades!

Been a lurker here for over a year, sitting back quietly learning all I could. Now I am looking forward to growing my knowledge more...and having a little fun with my own PS project!

Thanks for looking, I will post up some progress pics of my updates as they get done...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Looks like a very nice rig, got a before pik? Glad you decided to finally chatting with us instead of stalking the knowledge lol
Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 AM
Premium Member

I did not take a bunch of before pics...but here are a few

It had a 5" suspension kit with 37-12.50-16.5 Military tires and a bunch of old diamond plate accessories that had to go. Luckily I got the truck before the PO had a chance to really put miles on the truck with the lift and tires.

Pile of parts off the truck...bent rear bumper, junk step bars and all the diamond tread bed caps and tailgate protector

Hoping to get some free time this weekend to start cleaning everything really good...plus I have a couple of simple things to check off my list.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Premium Member

One more...

I actually got pretty lucky that the bed caps did not totally wreck the paint, who ever installed them actually put down the foam tape and did a decent job of not using 50 screws per side to attach them. Going to re-paint the truck, but I am going to do some touch ups and just re spray the tailgate and hood myself for the time being...I think the rest will buff out OK for now.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:49 AM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
looks good reed
Old 03-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Reed P's F350 CCLB...finally have my truck!

Welcome! Good looking ride! Don't be afraid to ask questions around here, I've found these guys are more than happy to help when they can.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-06-2013, 01:47 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey man I would like to have those bed cap pieces...
Old 03-06-2013, 04:32 PM

NICE looking truck, and welcome! i echo dhurt, everyone on here is willing to help when they can, AND THERE IS SERIOUS KNOWLEDGE HERE!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 PM

and behind the knowledge is a set of good attitudes, not a bunch of jerks that belittle you for not knowing something, which is one thing I really enjoy about this forum.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Premium Member

Thanks guys for the welcome and the comments on the truck, it has a long way to go...but it will get there! And I agree totally on the good atmosphere over here and also the amount of knowledge.

Over the last year or so of lurking I have worn out the search function and spent some time reading...lots of stuff to learn about these trucks for sure. My family was in the 4WD truck business for 20+ years, so I grew up with trucks in my blood...so lots of the basic suspension/drivetrain and upgrades are very familiar to me, but I am having a blast learning all the details on the engine.

This weekend my business has me busy with customers stuff , but I am hoping to find some time to spend on replacing the clutch pedal pivot bushing and changing the ZF's fluid over to Redline MTL. When I push the clutch pedal down, the brake pedal moves a little with it...and with 288K miles on the clock I am sure it needs a little love.

Thanks again for the welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.