New to the Forum intro, and a quick question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to the Forum intro, and a quick question

Hey guys, just joined the forum, Im born and raised in small town Texas, but I ended up in Connecitcut chasing my dream to become a Career Firefighter. Ive owned a few cool cars in my day, pintos, rx7s, but never a diesel. Ive helped my buddy build up his cummins pretty nice, and rebuilt a few old John deer diesels with him, so ive picked up a few things. Ive built my Jeep wrangler up, and im at the point now I want to trailer it around, so I can go all out on the trails and not have to worry about getting it back home.

So that leads me into the need of a good diesel truck to pull my jeep around, Im a ford man, and I just love the look of an old style fords.
My problem is, all the old 7.3's in the North are rusted out, so Im hoping to travel down to Texas & Lousiana in the next couple of months to visit my parents, and hopefully buy a truck and then drive it back up North. Hopefully it will go as smooth as it looks on paper, but I think we all know how life really goes.. lol

I also got a buddy who wants a 7.3, so the plan is for me to go down scout out the area, maybe buy a truck, then if it works smooth, we will fly down again and he will buy one, then we convoy back together. I understand there is a lot of logistics and luck involved in this plan.. trust me I know, but hopefully I will get lucky...

So my real goal here is to give a little background on myself, and ask the question of am I crazy for trying to pull this off?

-Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Where did you grow up?

There's trucks down here for sale, but it's hard to find some lower mileage ones and ones that aren't already beaten up from use.
I'd scout online first for a good while.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

^^2x^^

scout out on Craigslist lots of good deals on there if you look.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Welcome to the org and x3 on Craigslist, where I bought my last several trucks lol
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I lived in Streetman, Tx about 90 miles south off I45 on Richland chambers lake. Ive been through Nack a time or 2. Used to go to school down in huntsville @ Sam

My hope is to find one on CL or this forum while im down there, but the problem is I dont know whats gonna be up for sale while im down, its the luck of the draw. I would prefer a White one, but ill take any one thats clean really.

I finally posted enough to unlock the classifieds on this forum, so Im gonna keep an eye on them, I rather buy one off a forum member, because for the most part they might have cared for it a little better than a random truck on CL, I mean they signed up for a forum, that means they have to care a little right? lol

If you or a friend of yours has been on the fence about selling their OBS ford, Im willing to pay, and if I flash enough cash maybe... just maybe I can push you over the fence lol

Thanks for the welcome, I hope to one day be a OBS owner and contributor to this site

Last edited by HS108; 03-03-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:42 PM

There are a few here for a decent deal, but I'm very far from you, and bad thing about a forum truck is sale price is usually higher lol, but truck does have a lot more care, if you have the money and want a truck built correctly still has kinda low mileage, Cary is selling his and if you buy it you literally will never have to spend another dime on stuff, good luck
Old 03-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea, wish you were closer because id be pestering you for the white one I see in your sig lol
Im willing to pay a fair price for a truck, Im not gonna go crazy and spend 12 grand on a 16yr old truck, If I have to pay 7-9 for a solid truck then so be it, I know the forum ones are gonna be higher, because people on here know what they are worth and have hopefully taken some pride in owning them, like I said hopefully lol

Who is this Cary you speak of?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 AM

Look in the classifieds for someone selling struck under obswiz as their sn, you will drool before you get to the piks, my truck is actually in ga rite now, but I would take 15k for it as it sets lol
Old 03-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Haha that's closer than CA, but you would have to come down on the price for me lol. I know im gonna spend a ton of money on it once I get it, but for some reason its different once you already own it than it is to pay it all upfront. IDK why that is
Old 03-04-2013, 01:01 AM

Well on e you see Cary's rig and price you gonna think mine small potatoes lol

Here you go, and you won't have another problem, literally as good as a new truck and still half the price, twice as good looking and three times more reliable

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/tru...-sc-built.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.