butterfly valve - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 96MegaStroker
butterfly valve

Anyone done the bypass on the butterfly valve off the turbo? I live in ut and its allways on! it worth takin it out? it mess anything up? is it the cause of me not gettin good gas milage and boost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MegaStroker View Post
Anyone done the bypass on the butterfly valve off the turbo? I live in ut and its allways on! it worth takin it out? it mess anything up? is it the cause of me not gettin good gas milage and boost?
deleting the butterfly valve wont do anything for your power unless the valve isnt operating properly. If the valve is open going down the road like it should be it is such a minute restriction that you wouldnt even be able to measure the difference on a dyno. The only thing the valve does is to cause a bunch of backpressure at idle helping the motor to work harder and heat up faster.....
Old 12-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yah it comes on when drivin down the road at a steddy pace. Its loud! And i was told its only suppose to be on in the driveway at idle
Old 12-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

unplug the ebpv. Its the two wire connector just underneath and foward of the turbo...drivers side. The truck just won't heat up as quick. Mine was doing the samething, closing going down the road. Sooner or later, I'll get around to changing the sensor, when i decide to do the dyi engine brake.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCK View Post
unplug the ebpv. Its the two wire connector just underneath and foward of the turbo...drivers side. The truck just won't heat up as quick. Mine was doing the samething, closing going down the road. Sooner or later, I'll get around to changing the sensor, when i decide to do the dyi engine brake.
was yours loud to?
Old 12-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

YES, it was extremly noticable, sound and loss of power. I could really hear it good since My exhaust consists of a 3" down pipe into a 4" pipe that extends only 1' under the bed. It used to only do it every once in awhile, after leaving the driveway. The night it started actting up, I drove it about 15 miles. After being in wal mart for an hour or so,and the engine cooling, I unplugged it. No more problems. Do a search for "EBPV" or "Bad EBPV". One of them has a pic of the connector. Keep us informed on what you do and think,
Old 01-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

search it on the board? Did you notice anything after unpluggin it, good or bad
Old 01-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

Yea, search the foroum page. Other than it not operating and closing going down the road. It does take a few extra minutes for the cab to get any good heat. But, nothing I'd consider bad. i read somewhere, that some people picked up a few mpg, I havent though.
It will set an engine code, the c.e.l. wont come on, its just stored and will show up if you have the codes pulled. I saw a thing on ebay to plug into the connector, so it dosent set a code, if you wanted to go that far with it. Its made by SP diesel.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I live in St George and mine comes on driving down the road all the time. It usually goes off after about 5 minutes of the truck being fully warmed. I have yet to unplug mine but I have no exhaust so it is extremely loud. My exhausts exits under my passenger floorboard.

You a Police Officer?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can put a switch to it and get your fast worm up and even use it as exhaust brake if you want. There is a post on how to hook it to the fuel and brake peddles so it works like a big truck. To me the switch is fine, only on when I want it. I turn it on when I park the truck so if someone swipes it they wont be going very fast if they don't turn it off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.