OK to cut cab mount? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 07:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK to cut cab mount?

Any problem with cutting the cab mount bolts holding the radiator support? I'm removing the front of the truck to make engine removal easier and to bust some rust at the same time. Not sure I need to wrestle them out at this stage of the game. Need new bolts any way due to rust. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
OK to cut cab mount?-20130219_225003.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't have an answer for you although I see no reason not to cut them. Are you worried about alignment issues? something moving when you cut the bolts?

Mostly I'm curious why you are pulling the engine.

Good luck!!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:06 PM

Re: OK to cut cab mount?

I had to cut mine when I fixed my truck after a wreck keep in mind ford no longer sells that rubber mount I used a couple rubber hockey pucks worked great.

Sent from my DROID RAZER HD while trucking
Old 02-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cut it, replace with poly urathane ones when you put it back together
Old 02-20-2013, 01:23 AM

Mine are good on rad support but need to replace the rest im dreading the job anyone bought the bushings and put together their own hardware kit with the bolts washers and sleeves? And micko go ahead and cut them they seem to be the least of your worries if motor is coming out
Old 02-20-2013, 02:53 AM

Thanks. I plan on using the urathane replacements.
Csdwarf11, I'm removing the engine for lots of reasons. It leaks oil, oil pan does not appear to be leaking yet but it is pretty rusty. The exhaust manifolds are very rusty, not leaking but it won't be long. Up pipe bolts are toothpicks. I'm sure there is something else. Oh yes, main seals and motor mounts just for fun. I have the chance to get into it now so I want to address all potential issues.
also wondering if I should replace Gp harness under the valve cover, maybe injector o rings too? Anything thats easy to do once the engine is out... Or easier to do with engine out.
This truck has 70k on it but did plow during NH winters, so I need to get a handle on the rust.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micko View Post
Thanks. I plan on using the urathane replacements.
Csdwarf11, I'm removing the engine for lots of reasons. It leaks oil, oil pan does not appear to be leaking yet but it is pretty rusty. The exhaust manifolds are very rusty, not leaking but it won't be long. Up pipe bolts are toothpicks. I'm sure there is something else. Oh yes, main seals and motor mounts just for fun. I have the chance to get into it now so I want to address all potential issues.
also wondering if I should replace Gp harness under the valve cover, maybe injector o rings too? Anything thats easy to do once the engine is out... Or easier to do with engine out.
This truck has 70k on it but did plow during NH winters, so I need to get a handle on the rust.
I wouldn't think anything under the valve cover would be THAT much easier with the engine out. There really isn't anything in the way with it installed in the truck. Id freshen up the oil cooler, not sure if you can do that on the truck, if you can it looks like it would be a huge pain.

Im curious how many hours it takes to pull one of these engines, is it a pain? or do they pretty much slide right out? Pull the front clip ect obv.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM

Oil cooler, good advice.
I know someone with the tools and knowlege can remove the engine in a few hours without removing the front of the truck like I am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.